Ch. 18: Jail Break Part II

A few minutes later and a guard was walking past Luz's cell... seeing nothing in there. He panicked and unlocked the door and went in.

"Where did she go?"

Suddenly, he heard a growl and was pounced on. He hit his head on the ground and was knocked out. Luz shifted back to normal and stood up.

"Now to find Eda." Luz said before sniffing the air, picking up Eda's scent. "There."

Luz took off running to find her while doing her best to avoid the coven guards. At the castle, Golden Guard walked up to Belos.

"Emperor Belos, I'm happy to report that the human has been captured and sent to the Conformatorium." He said to Belos.

"Excellent news. First the owl lady is captured and now the human, fortune has smiled upon us this day." Belos said.

"What is the next step in the plan?" Hunter asked.

"Next, we place coven sigils onto the people."

Suddenly a guard came running up.

"S-s-sir, we've just learned... the Human has escaped!"

Belos was quiet before sending the guard out. He stood up and walked to Golden Guard. He grabbed Golden Guard by the neck and lifted him off the ground.

"I thought you said that Human was captured." Belos said.

"U-u-uncle." Golden Guard strained.

"Go to that prison, put that girl back into her cell, break her in half if you have to." Belos said, "If you don't... I break you."

Belos dropped Golden Guard and pointed his finger out the door.

"Out!"

Golden Guard scrambled to his feet and rushed out of the thrown room, pulling out his staff and flying back to the prison as fast as magically possible!

'How did that human escape?!' He thinks with panic, sweating under his mask!

He rubbed his neck a little, feeling the soreness.

'This... this is how families act... right?'

Nobody knew this but the Golden Guard wasn't just Belos's right hand witch, he was actually his nephew and the only family he had ever known. All his life, he didn't have many relationships outside of work relationships, so he didn't even know how people treated each other in positive or negative ways aside from being "praised by" or "disappointing to" his dear uncle Belos. In the throne room, Belos sat in wonder.

'He won't be able to beat her.' Belos thought, 'I'm heading to the prison.'

Belos turned into a dark cloud and disappeared out the window, leaving behind dark feathers.