Ch. 24: Golden Opportunity

The next day, Luz woke up, her eyes red from crying most the night.

'Gotta get up for school.' Luz thought, picking herself up and holding her stomach. 'Gonna need to grab a big breakfast too.'

Luz got up and grabbed her uniform. She went for a quick shower and headed downstairs, seeing Gwen was still there for breakfast as Eda was cooking.

"Gwen?" Luz asked.

"Luz! I was so worried!" Gwen said as she got up and hugged her! "You didn't come down all night! I was so worried!"

"I was... a bit upset."

"I know and I'm so sorry for that. I wished that my search wasn't for nothing, I truly did." Gwen said as she saw Luz's red eyes.

"Yeah... so do I." Luz said, grabbing a piece of meat and leaving the house.

Gwen watched in sadness, as did Eda.

"You know, one thing that might make her feel better is a gift." Eda said, "Mind going to pick it up for me?"

"Anything to help Luz feel better." Gwen said with a nod.

Elsewhere, Luz walked up the steps to the school. She finished her meat along the way and licked her hand clean, taking a breath of relief from the food as she gazed at the school.

'Another day.' She thought, not feeling as energized as usual and for good reason.

"Luz!" Her friends said, coming over to her.

She felt a bit better seeing them and gave her best smile, hoping they didn't notice her red eyes from crying all night.

"Hey guys." Luz said to them.

"Are you ready for today?!" Gus asked.

"Why?" Luz asked.

"Because there's going to be a Coven Head to give a special presentation today!" Amity said.

'Wow, I've never seen her this excited.'

"That's great to hear, which Coven Head is it?" Luz asked them.

"The newest Coven Head of the Bard Coven, Raine Whispers." Willow said.

"Cool, I really haven't seen Bard Magic before."

"Then you'll be in for a treat." Skara said as she walked up to the group.

"Hey, Skara, where's your new girlfriend?"

Skara sighed lovingly at this, just loving how that sounded no matter how many times.

"Just turning in some homework to her teacher. She's not as excited me but she's so supportive of coming with me." Skara said, "I can't wait until the day we're married, waking up next to her everyday will be amazing."

"Getting a little ahead of yourself, my little Note." Boscha said, walking up to her, "But I do love the idea."

The two shared a small kiss as Gus gagged playfully and pointed inside of his mouth.

"Don't be like that, Gus. You'll understand when you find a girlfriend someday." Willow said as she patted his shoulder.

"It's weird seeing this side of you Boscha." Amity said, "You act so... nice."

"One could say the same about you and L-"

Amity covered Boscha's mouth and dragged her away from Luz's earshot... to Amity's knowledge.

"What are you doing?!" Amity asked in a whisper to Boscha!

"What? If you can point out my love for Skara making me nicer, why can't I do the same?" Boscha asked.