Ch. 32: Rise in Revolution!

A little while later, Luz was sitting on the couch of the Owl House, trying to calm her nerves. The book was on the coffee table in front of her, unopened as Luz didn't want to open it without King. She got this for him, it didn't feel right reading without him here.

"Hey Kid." Eda said, "Listen, I know it may be a bad time, but I got something for you."

Luz looked up, seeing Eda with the Palistrom Wood and a bag of tools.

"The log?" Luz asked, confused.

"Yeah. I know you have a lot on your mind but maybe this could help allocate some of the heavy thought." Eda said, sitting down next to Luz.

"Here, hold this with this hand." Eda said, putting a hammer in Luz's hand, "And put this in this hand."

She put a chisel in the other. Though she was hesitant about this, maybe Luz could at least relax a bit and have faith they'll get King back before Belos does whatever he's planning.

'Hang on, little brother. I swear we'll save you.' Luz thought before placing the chisel near the log.

By the time Luz was done, the rebellion arrived, along with her friends. It was a good thing Luz had her hood up, because she was surprised when Boscha showed up with Skara.

"Boscha?!" Luz asked in shock.

"Surprised to see me?" Boscha asked with a tiny smirk.

"Um, YES!" Luz said, "What are you doing here?"

"I joined the Rebellion." Boscha said, "I should thank you. I never would've done this without you, you showed me the light, you showed me who I could really be. You showed me that there's more to me than just a bully."

"Really?" Luz asked.

"Really. Thank you, Luz, for helping me become the person I really am."

"Me too. Not only did I get a girlfriend, but a great one too." Skara said, holding hands with Boscha.

"Okay, we have some good news and some bad news." Raine said, "The good news, we have a plan and will divide into three groups. Skara and Boscha will go to the school with my personal file and make sure the staff and students are safe. Eda and Lilith will go with Darius, Eberwolf, and I to the Day of Unity, they'll pretend to kidnap us and stop the draining spell. Luz, you and your group will go to the skull and stop Belos."

"What's the bad news?" Luz asked.

"The Draining Spell... is happening tonight." Raine said.

"Tonight?!" Luz asked in shock. "But that means this is our only shot!"

"Which is why we need to act fast." Darius said.

"And if we play this right, everything will go as planned. Belos falls, the coven system is abolished, and our realm is free from a 400 year old plague." Raine said to them.

"400?" Luz asked, confused.

"Yeah....turns out Belos is 400 years old." Eda said, shocking Luz once again, "There's no telling how long he's been planning this, or why he wants to do this, but we need to stop him."

"Then let's get going." Luz said, grabbing her bag, "Eda, give me my egg."

"Egg?" Darius asked.

"Ehehehe, you'll love this." Eda said, picking up Luz's carved palisman and revealing it to be a black egg.

"What made you carve an egg?" Skara asked.

Luz put it in her backpack.

"It just felt natural, like something in me told me to pick this." Luz said.

"Doesn't surprise me, a palisman is a lifelong friend, carving one, it connects you together, they become an extension of you, a piece of you." Lilith said.

"Okay, enough talk, we know our roles, and we have a limited time to stop everything." Luz said.