Chapter Five

I hated using my weekend for anything other than to relax and because I had an habit of washing my clothes everyday, my Saturdays are usually free. After crying myself to sleep which I do often I feel better.

But the happiness disappears as I remember about the trip next week, the date and a quick visit to my mom to tell her that I would be away for a week. Thanks to Jola,I don't have to travel all the way down to Lekki. She already made the delivery. My neighbor dropped off the clothes yesterday night.

Speaking of neighbours, growing up I used to want to have a cute guy for a neighbour but it never happened. Like Disney movies, we get talking and end up falling Iin love and end up living happily ever after. Instead I am stuck with an old woman who gossips like her life depended on it.

The clothes are enclosed in a traveling bag that I promised to check soon. I continue packing my toiletries and other possible needed attires for the trip. My style is lazy and casual but also chic. I could wear baggy cargo pants, boyfriend's jeans all my life If I am chanced.

But I can't, Its not appropriate. Hence the gowns and dresses for when they are required. Growing up with boys killed my sense of fashion for a long time but it reawakened a year into Uni. I became a different person entirely. At the time, I was broke so I could properly explore but now that I make my own money, I buy whatever catches my eye. My phone ring and I pick it. Ignoring the bag I promised to check out.

I'll be there. See soon you

Quickly, I check the time and it says 10:45. I stuff my things in the bag and dragged my feet to the bathroom. Minutes into dressing up I realized I just wanted to stay at home. Was I anti-social? If antisocial is not having the drive to go anywhere, wanting to curl up in bed with a book then yeah. I enjoy my own company as much as I want people around me.

When I am by myself, I don't have to think about what other people think of me. I am self sufficient and i think guys can tell. Some of them are attracted to it and some aren't. But I am at a point in my life where I can't not socialize with people. It's either this or my mom forces me to go out with her friend's son. Soon, I hit the streets in a high waist boyfriend jean, a pink snugly long sleeve blouse, a converse and tote bag.

I am and always have been punctual person, I get there 15 minutes before him. The restaurant I choose is my go-to place and like always I have a book with me. It's Sari Not, Sari by Nora Singh. I just started and I am already sucked in. A server comes around and I order a bottle of water till Feyi gets here

I am excited to be out here with someone that is not Jola. It's been a while since I enjoyed myself without my bestie. She's a social butterfly that can go out everyday without fail. This… whatever this is would get a definition soon. Feyi walks in the door on 15 minutes after 12 looking sharp. "Hi. Hope you didn't wait long. The traffic was insane." He explains while drawing a chair to sit.

"I understand. I didn't wait long. Don't worry." I said calmly. Too calm. My heart wasn't skipping beats.

"You look incredible. I almost didn't recognize you." He said at me intently I suddenly grow shy.

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself." I said avoiding eye contact.

"Should we order?" He asked

"Yes. I am famished." We order and munch on our food. Years ago, I think would have been self-conscious about eating in front of him. But going out with Jola helped me work on my confidence. That girl doesn't give two shits.

"This place is really nice. The ambience I mean

"Hmmhmm, I found this place when I moved away from home. It's my second home." I smile looking the place over.