Chapter Eight

On Tuesday, I am in my room talking to Jola on the phone. It's nice to have a reminder ofhome. I have never been the adventurous type, I like familiarity alot and that says alot about
me.I like routine and order. Spontaneity and change for me takes a longer time to get used to. That's why dating as always been cumbersome. I have never had my heartbroken before and I plan for it to stay that way. Dating requires alot of courage and guys don't date with marriage in mind these days.

In this GenZ generation, its even worse. It's a complete mess out there. What I want now is to be courted by an equally serious individual. Someone who knows exactly what he wants. Assertiveness is attractive.

"So, are you enjoying yourself?" She asked

"Not really. We've only worked since we got here. Hopefully, we will have fun later."

"So, how did Mr. Hot end up in your bed? Is he there?" She asks leaning in that her face occupies the phone.

"No he is not. And we didn't sleep together, literally. We slept together on my bed because something went wrong with the room bookings and I didn't want him stranded."

"That's romantique of you."

"What does that even mean? Aren't you at work?"

"I am. Why?"

"And you are talking to me."

"So? It's pretty early and no real work has started yet. Stop badgering me, not everyone can work at a fancy company."

I roll my eyes. "Why did I even ask? Jola has no sense of fear "I came here to work."

"What else? My life's boring here. Give me all the juicy gossip."

"Feyi from my office asked me out." I don't know if this counts as juicy but it's the only one Ihave got.

"The cute one you had a crush on? So, do you like him?"

"I don't like him anymore."

"Because you like your hot one night stand boss." She says, staring at me.

"No, he's a little weird. But the low-key type of strange you'd want to overlook until you are dating him."

"Hmm, or you are attracted to someone else and you are imagining things about the poor guy. Your instincts can be monogamous too, y'know."

I don't like anyone. And I am not wrong. Something's definitely off about Feyi. Like, we've been here for a day and he hasn't even talked to me or asked to do anything remotely romantic with me. And that's not even the problem, there's something insincere about him."

"If your guts tell you to run, then run." She said simply

"Have you checked the dresses out yet?" She asked snickering

"What have you done?"

"Nothing I promise. I gotta run."

"If those dresses are sultry, I'll have your head when I return."

"Byeee."

I tried to draw the bag from where I kept it but my phone broke.

The message says meeting in thirty. The message looked like something Felicia would type it screamed unprofessional. Speaking of Felicia, she's hot no doubt but she strikes me as shallow and superficial.

I am getting ready for the meeting. Rushing to wear my jeans and top. After yesterday, I am opting for casual and i don't care what anyone thinks. And 30 minutes is a short time to wear make-up so I dab powder and head for the pool side.