Chapter Fifteen

Morning came and I couldn't be happier. Today is the day I leave this place. It was nice in the beginning but not so much in the end. Still, I am going to miss it.

When I slept last night, it was only this morning that I opened my eyes. None of that peeing in the midnight. I didn't even open my eyes when the alarm rang. The events earlier in the day really knocked me out.

I spent the rest of the day thinking about everything, even the things I couldn't  control. I was still pretty scared with all that happened in the afternoon. And still very angry at Ire for knowing and not telling me.

I didn't like that his reasons for not telling me were valid. Truly, if I had known I would have confronted Feyi about it. And he might have done worse than he did today. I can't wait to set my eyes on Issac and give him a piece of my mind. How dare he call me stuck up. Was that what everyone thought about me?

I am not stuck up, I just know what I want. I guess that's a crime now. Obnoxious men would always have a problem with a woman who knows her worth. I am so glad nothing intimate ever happened between us, that would have been embarrassing.

I am not going to let them ruin my day. We plan to leave for Lagos as early as 10 to avoid traffic and whatever dangers could be lurking in the dark. Works for me, I don't like travelling at night. It's better to leave early and arrive early. Most importantly, my mom would worry if I get home late.

For the this trip, I chose a pair of jeans and a shirt I bought at one of the stores. I got a nice blouse for Jola as well and a fluffy pink slippers for my mom to wear around the house. Knowing both of them, they'd love it.

I would have loved to buy more but things at the boutique are expensive. It's more annoying because I know they don't cost that much in Lagos. When I get to Lagos or on the way, If there are commodities that are indigenous to Abuja people then I'd buy it.

By 10 we were all gathered at the bus, everyone looking relieved and gloomy at the same time. I hate saying goodbyes, whether it's to a place or a person, it's always very difficult. That's why, I can't do the trial and error thing with dating. The process of having my heart broken over and over is not something I want to put myself through.

Soon we are on the move. I am disappointed because I thought It was coming with us just like he did the first time. I wish he didn't have leftover affairs to take care of. Although, I don't know why I wanted to see him badly when he obviously hasn't done any right by me.

The trip back wasn't entirely boring. It was even fruitful because I caught wind of some gossip that I confirmed myself. Funmi told Temi and everyone who cared to listen that she heard Issac and Feyi had been sacked.

All eyes were on me almost immediately and I pretended to stare out the window. Quickly, I checked the Autumn Advertising Agency group chat and Feyi and Issac had been removed. Once again the attention is on me. I pitied them but I don't wish them back.

Suddenly, my phone rang with a follow up message from Ire explaining what they had done vaguely and without including me. I smiled knowing he's trying to do everything before coming to me. If this happens to be true and everything works out then I am holding on to this fine specimen of a man. For the first time ever, I was on the same page with a man.

Lagos has a very distinct smell. You can smell the energy and vibrancy of the people that live there. If you've stayed in Lagos long enough then this smell becomes home and familiar BUT if you have never been then, it could give you sinuses because of how pungent it is.

In all it's chaos, danfo's, Toll Gate and BRT's all I see is a place I'd rather be. The bus dropped us wherever we wanted and I chose a place close to my mom's. I took an okada and it dropped me at my mom's. After tugging on the gate for a while, I realized it was locked from inside.