Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13

I wake up on Friday aching all over. I had not expected any less after the excercise yesterday. I roll out of bed to the floor
because my body feels like a bag of cement. Okay! That hurt worse than I thought.

I do few stretches to relax my folded up muscles  wondering if Temi is feeling the same way. My phone's beeps making me dive back into my bed. As expected it's a message from the group. My heart leaps as I notice its Ire that sent it. It read meeting by the pool by 9.

There is another message from Temi that I ignore. It would be weird to reply when we'd all be meeting downstairs. I groan in frustration at my life, mostly for the crap happening with Ire. But since I promised myself I wouldn't utter another word to him. I can't storm his room and demand an explanation.

That's why I am going to ignore him and act like everything is fine. When in reality, I just want something to go my way once. This is how all my earlier romances sizzled out in the beginning or ended prematurely.

I grab my towel and head for the bathroom. My favourite place in my room. I turn on the shower and without warning water shoots out of it. The water is freezing and I almost grabbed my towel and dashed out.

Feyi seems to be the only stable guy so far. And today is the day, I am supposed to give him an answer. That's it, if Ire doesn't tell me anything today, I'll say yes to Feyi. But you don't like him, my subconcious tells me. Then I'll grow to like him. I pop my head back out.

I have been defying my Demisexuality. First, I let my alter ego convince me me to a one night stand. Lost my V-card to a total stranger. And now, I am about to say yes to someone I don't feel any emotional connection with. Or attracted to.

I wear a blouse and pants and headout into the sun. Don't know why some people would choose the rainy season over this light. I don't like the rain, everything becomes dark, the floor moist and wet and there's the cold. I shudder at the thought.

Rain makes me sad or gloomy. I don't know why but it always has. I guess it's the way the trees are beating down by the droplets of rain. But the dry season, although the sun can be annoying when it's out for revenge, makes me feel alive.

Harmattan too isn't bad, the sun shines and it's cold out too. I can work with that but it's not my favourite because my pollen allergy gets worse during that period.

As I drew nearer to the poolside my heart beat spiked. Take me back to my secondary school days. I had this teacher, my English teacher, she would always force me stand in front of the crowd or read something In front of my classmates. The way my heart's beating now is exactly the way it used to. Relentlessly.

I had bad anxiety back then and I still do. I hated being the center of attraction. So, I hide whenever there is a Quiz or Debate competition at school. Now, I wish I hadn't. Maybe, if I didn't hide, I would have overcome my fears.

I turned the corner and there they were all huddled up. Thankfully, Ire wasn't there yet.

"Good morning." I greeted when I drew a chair for myself.

"Good morning." Temi smiled fondly.

"Good morning." Feyi greeted me too. He looked hungover, after yesterday it was bound to happen.  He looked disheveled, running his hands over his head over and over his head again. I couldn't help but pity him.

I reached into my purse and retrieved a paracetamol sachet from inside and tossed it to him. He probably has a headache. He smiled and mouthed thank you.

I hovered the pool side as my mind thought of a clean environment. I glanced back at Feyi who was drinking water now. Locating the sachet, I realized he had taken two of it.