Chapter Ten

Today is the shoot. Everyone is expected to be out there by 9 o'clock. The most important day of our trip and I don't feel up to it. I want to stay in bed all day cuddling my pillow. 

I sluggishly get out of bed. My period is coming. I can feel it. My body is heavy for me to carry. I am bloated and my boobs are sensitive to touch. Reluctantly I get into the shower and wash up. I feel instant relief, but irritated. 

Not in the mood to dress up, I wear my yellow hoodie and black leggings. Since we are going to be on our feet all day I rewear my converse. My attire gives off a cool, but tired vibe.

The script was accepted yesterday night long after I had gone to bed. It's different from what I have ever done before. They agreed to the DIY but with a story around it. The wait was torturous but worth it. Ire had to pitch it to the owner of the Resort and he said he liked it. 

Its a TV advert that had to be engaging and also evoke positive emotions in the viewers. So, I decided it would be about a mother of two whose husband died. A year later, she decides the kids need change after a tough year so she plans a vacation. In them middle of the road her car breakdown in front of the resort. A club car takes them on a tour and we see the slendour and the beauty of the resort through there eyes.

Writing the script was the hard part especially the visual column. Thank God for the videos and pictures Temi made, I was able to make the locations I thought would appeal to the viewers and drive customers.

I drag my feet to elevator, first floor then downstairs. The day is bright but not sunny yet. The sun must need more time to wake up too. The fresh blast of natural air hit my face making feel than I was when I woke. It's just like my mom used to say if you are having a bad day, take a bath. 

I step into the sun and make my way down to the first location of the day. I could. The production team is hard at work. There is bus for easy commuting for every scene that needs to be shot. Aside from the people visiting, there is a group of five people telling the model and her two kids what to do and how to move. 

They have to follow my script and if there's any mistake that's where I come in. I am in the heart of the shoot now and I scan the area. Feyi and Funmi are laughing about something. Temi looks more in her element now with the rest of the crew. Ire is nowhere to be found and I worry. It must be a lot of work putting all of this together. From bidding for the job to executing it.

I sit on the grass and grab the book. It's Danielle Steel's The Ranch, I have been reluctant to set it down since I started. Every scene makes me yearn for more. 

"Turn a little. No, hold on to his hand." 

"Yes. Just like that." The director shout in the distant

From my pheripharal vision, I see Ire, Felicia and another man approach us. Quickly, I rise and move closer to Feyi and Funmi who were busy chatting.

"Ayo, what do you think about the model. Does she pass for a mother of two." I look briefly at the slender lady grabbing on to her pretend daughters hand.

"Absolutely not. She's too sexy. How can you be that sexy." I say and they laugh.

I glance at Ire again, it's hard to keep my eyes off of him. His eyes are serious, his lips moving as he tells the older man something. He is hot. Too hot. 

I can see him and that model together. It just fits. The thought makes my heart hurt. They are finally in view and the talking seems to be coming to an end. His eyes scan the room and land on me.

God! Those gorgeous deep, penetrating eyes are not leaving my face. This eye contact is surprisingly comfortable. I don't squirm or look away, it's like it's the only two of us in the world.