A Summer of Discovery: How Wednesday and Enid Found Themselves and Each Other

After a long night and preparing, Wednesday was ready to make Enid feel appreciated. To say there wasn't a change in how the girl acts would be an understatement. Those conversations they had all summer were memorable and eye-opening in a way that Wednesday didn't know possible.

School Break

It's been days, and Wednesday tried to start a sequel to her novel but always came up empty in the word department. So, she tried to starve herself, electric shock therapy even asked for a lobotomy, but Uncle Fester was busy robbing the museum of natural history. "what a bummer," Wednesday thought.

She finally made her way downstairs with her hair down and not in braids. The family stood there in shock, trying to diagnose their daughter, the little demon they had raised.

"I'm fine,"

"you don't look fine," Thing Signed

Wednesday stuck up her middle finger, a trait she learned from her blonde roommate.

"come eat, we made your favorite."

"Run over rat with squirrel eyes."

Morticia smiled and nodded.

Wednesday sat down and started eating when she felt an unusual buzz on the table. Again another buzz. She looked around and then saw the phone and asked to see it.

54 missed messages,

"Xavier must be lonely why is he messaging me, this many times."

She saw Xavier text her once, "Have a good summer," then a random number who texted fifty-three times.

"Wens"

"Wednesday"

"I'm going to have a heart attack. Answer your messages, please." Wednesday laughed as she read through the rest of the messages; it was apparent who it was.

"Enid, I haven't been around the telephone, if I've caused you any distress take this message as an apology." Wednesday typed

Not even a few seconds later, typing bubbles were popping up.

"Wednesday, you don't text people like it's a letter write like me for example."

"are you suggesting I start using typos and write in my so called 'Voice that everyone loves' "

"can we facetime?" Enid asked

"sure facetime me or whatever in twenty minutes."

"Smile Emoji"

Wednesday ran upstairs as soon as possible, leaving her dinner on the table as her family watched her. Thing followed as his name was shouted.

"Enid wants to video call or whatever, I can't look like this. Do my hair as clean this room."

Thing waived his hand as the two ran around the room, picking up all the drafts Wednesday tried to start but could never continue. Things almost slipped a few times, if he had it be better to die from the fall, or Wednesday would do it for him being weak.

The room was clean, her hair was braided but no phone call. She wondered why there wasn't any. She waited hours, but her eyes felt heavy and closed. What felt like five seconds of sleep. Vibration started rumbling on the mattress and woke Wednesday. She saw Enid in front of her with one eye open. This was the first time she had seen the blonde locks in about a month, but something was off. There was no color in them. It was plain, and even the girl's pajamas were plain paper white. Something was wrong. Wednesday quickly turned on the lights and sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"Hey Enid, didn't we agree on twenty minutes?"

"I'm sorry, I've had a hell of a few hours. Can we still talk now? Did I wake you?" Enid said, looking at the pale face she was so used to, but some color wasn't there before. Like the cheeks were brighter but still pale. She wondered how someone could be so beautiful after waking up a minute ago.