A Surprise Trip to New York City: A Tale of Friendship and Unexpected Love

After a night of nonstop planning and making sure everything is booked, Wednesday only had to make sure that she was allowed to take a few days off with Enid, who is in the dark about any of what's going to happen on this trip, or even the extent of it. She's happy that she will be with her instead of Ava, and it might seem selfish, but she doesn't care.

Enid was so tired that she didn't get out of her pajamas. But, as Wednesday looked at her walking down the school hallway, she couldn't help but feel happy. So the two packed the car and made their way on their "date" Enid started playing her kpop music, and Wednesday felt like ripping her ears off, but if her golden retriever roommate was happy, she didn't care.

The car stops at the valet in the airport, and the two make it out, with Enid looking confused.

"Wednesday, you know I trust you and all but one didn't bring my passport and two where are we going?"

"If I told you that, it wouldn't be a surprise, plus your passport is in my bag, don't worry," Wednesday said, putting her hand on Enid's shoulder as they walked in.

Past *

Wednesday knocked on the headmaster's door. "Come in"

"What can I help you with Addams?"

The raven sat down, looked the sheriff in the eyes, and asked him to let her and Enid go on a two-day trip. She wondered if he would or wouldn't, but everything was riding on his answer.

"If I let you go, then when other people ask me the same thing I'm expected to do say yes, I can see this is very important. What if I don't allow you to go and you do anyways if you know what I am saying." The sheriff said, noticing a mischievous smile on Wednesday's face appears. "Like mother like daughter," He thought to himself.
*

"I took care of it. Don't worry." Wednesday said, reassuring that the two had permission to go on the trip.

The two walked to gate eight-one-four.

"Wens, are we going to New York City?" Enid said, trying to hide her excitement reading the sign above them.

Wednesday nods as Enid starts jumping around like a little child. Then, suddenly seeing a Starbucks, she pouts, realizing she doesn't have any money. She looks at the gate when her roommate hands her a card and nods her head toward the coffee.

It was still very early, so she asked for a quad shot and a bagel with crème cheese and pickles; Enid looked disgusted, but she wasn't about to smack the hand feeding her.

Wednesday watched as Enid Skipped excitedly. She admired the pajamas her roommate was still wearing, remembering the white paper ones from the summer. Now she had on a lesbian-colored pair to support her. She knew her roommate wasn't into girls, but if she didn't tell her how she felt, she might explode.

"So, I don't think a quad is healthy, so I got you a double vanilla latte," Enid said, smiling, handing her a cup.

Wednesday shook the cup and took a sip. "that's disgusting."

"I'm just kidding; I would never do that to you," she said, handing her black espresso.

The two sat down and waited to be boarded.

*

"First class members, please make your way to the boarding desk with your passport and ticket in hand for your one-way flight to New York City." the loudspeaker played.

Wednesday grabbed Enid's arm and told her to go. But, first, the girl needs to remember how much money the Addams have. A lot to do with Uncle fester robbing banks but still.