Chapter 8 Oh my god. (Graves pov)

FLASH BACK

I got a call from my boss, the general and I answered the call thinking nothing of it. I figured it had something to do with the up coming mission hell I couldn't be more wrong.

"Graves." Shepard spook with a stern clearly somewhat upset tone.
"Sir tell me what you know."
"Graves I need you to come by my office now. This is an important matter than goes beyond a phone call."

I knew damn well why the mission was happening and how missals got lost under our watch and I'll admit I hated the situation because first, it put me in a shit of a position to if not done carefully I could lose my job. I said my goodbyes to slone and jumped into my car heading towards his office.

AT THE OFFICE

"Sir, don't tell me worse news" I said entering the room. To where he sat hand over his mouth with a look filled with disappointment. He just looked up at me I didn't take a seat just so I could leave faster after the conversation was over, I didn't enjoy the heavy atmosphere.
"Well this won't be anything new to you will it?" He slightly tilted his head.

"Sir?"
"You're dating my daughter graves. Hell my daughter? Isn't she a bit too young for you."

Well fuck.
"Sir I can assure you I care deeply for her and why does age in this scenario matter? She's more than of age and may I remind you I'm not that old." I didn't know what to say or maybe I shouldn't have said anything at all. Fuck fuck fuck.

"How long has this even been going on soldier. This is a huge violation. I could have you fired for this-"

"Yeah because the whole current situation is nothing compared to this right?" I scoffed how hypocritical of him. My relationship wasn't even be compared to the disaster of the missal operation. We'd be handing over our own necks if we didn't do this properly and here he was worrying about this?

"Don't start with me soldier. Forget the goddamn missals. That I have under control but this? Fuck graves I was informed by one of your men. If this gets out you'll definitely be a goner. Then what do I do? Hell I think I'll dismiss you myself, you should be thankful I know your skills and how irreplaceable you are as of now that is."

"What? Which of my men told you this?"

"Moore. I'm only telling you who because I think it's important you know who is or isn't loyal to you. Watch your back, how could you do something so irresponsible." He spat out he was worse than upset. The man was stressed and fuck I could just kill Moore.

I dragged my hands down my face rethinking my steps. Reviewing where I messed up. I was already carrying current stress but this? This was a new level of a fuck up. I had completely tarnished my career and I don't mind since it was for slone, but even if I got away with the missals I might not be able to place this under the table for long. My career was ruined regardless at least that's how I felt.

" soldier we'll discuss this later after the mission, if I can save your ass now, I can continue to save your ass. Now get out."

END OF FLASH BACK

Here I am betraying my country, and the men who are working a long side me. And slone, poor slone knows nothing about this. Only a few of the other shadows did, if anything happened I couldn't have anything pin to her. That wouldn't be fair at all, I want to protect her the most I can right now.

(Guys I'd say about three more chapters.. I messed up the plot and I'm trying my hardest to salvage it!!)