Letters

Lydia's POV:

Finally the bell rang and I quickly packed away my things and basically sprinted down the hallway.

I walked out of the school gates and back to my house. I tried opening the handle but it was locked. I guess Cal had gone out somewhere,I put my key in the lock and slowly turned the key.

I walked in and I kicked an envelope? I bent down and pick it up,it said;

*To Calum & Lydia*

I stared at it wondering who it was from? Maybe I should wait till Calum gets home? But a little voice in my head was telling me to open it now.

I slowly turned it around and ripped the top of the envelope, I slid out the piece of paper and turned it around to read the front.

It said;

Dear Calum and Lydia,I'm sorry for how I've treated you over the past few months. I really am sorry,I didn't mean any of it and I'll never ever forgive myself for what I did to you both...

I carried on reading until I came to the end

Love mum xxxx.

It said.

Tears started to prick in my eyes,I guess my mum wasn't a bad person. Well of course she wasn't a bad person,she was just going through a bad time and it brought out her bad side. I do love her,I really do just not when she's drinking and beating us up. I'm glad she's gone to rehab because she can get better.

After re-reading over the letter mum had sent to me & Calum I put it down on the coffee table and decided to make a cup of tea.

I then made my tea and took it upstairs so I ncould get ready to go over Charlie's house.

I took off the clothes I was wearing today and put something more comfortable on.
I slipped on a pair of black leggings,a grey oversized hoodie and some Nike trainers.

I then brushed my hair and washed my face, I then drank the rest of my tea. I grabbed my phone and checked myself over in the mirror before running downstairs to go to Charlie's.

I texted Calum on my way there as I didn't want him to worry about where I was.

Before I knew it I was standing at Charlie's door,I knocked lightly on the door and it swung open.

"Jesus you're egar" I said as Charlie stood there smiling at me

"Wellll" he said wriggling his eyebrows and pulling me in

We ran up to Charlie's room and sat down on his bed

"Charlie" I said as he put on his shoes

"Yes" he replied looking over his shoulder and pulling his 'Pervy sloth face' which made me giggle.

"I had a letter today....it was off my mum" I whispered

Charlie's eyes grew like golf balls and he sat next to me on his bed

"What did it say?" He asked

I explained to Charlie what she said and how she was sorry about everything and she would be out of rehab in a few months.

"That's good then" Charlie said but he didn't look very happy

"Charlie? What's wrong? You don't seem happy about it?" I asked

"Well...i-its just,I don't want her coming out and hurting you again" he cried into my shoulder.

I cupped his face in my hands and slowly kissed his soft lips

"I love you" I whispered into his ear

"I love you too" he whispered back.