Chapter 19 | Give it a shot

I'm walking into Sienna's apartment right after her. We just went to the supermarket to buy food to cook. I place the bag I'm holding on the counter. It's the first time I'm in her apartment and I take a quick scan of the place. Her home is simple but cute, in neutral colors and many plants. It seems like it's a two-room apartment with one bedroom and a separated living-kitchen area with a big window that fills the room with light.

"I like your house. How do you keep the plants alive?"

Sienna pauses and looks at them. "You have no idea."

"I can't even keep a cactus alive."

Sienna laughs. "My mother is a florist. She gives some good tips."

"I see." I start to take the fodds out of the bag placing them  on the counter next to Sienna while she placed them on the counters.

"And believe me. I've killed so many plants in my life, more than I'm proud of."

"Well, I've killed all the plants I've ever gotten. I'm practically a serial killer."

Sienna laughs. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"Just some water." I say while I sit on the chair.

Sienna grabs a glass and pours in some water and then places it in front of me. But I'm too distracted looking at my phone at some pictures Stefanos uploaded from his party last night. It's his birthday today and he threw a party last night there's no part of me not wishing I was there. I just miss them so much.

"Everything okay?" Sienna asks me forcing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." I say putting my phone aside. "My best friend had a party last night and now he's uploading pictures making me kind of homesick."

"I see." She says smiling sympathetically. "You work tonight?"

"Yeah I do." I say frowning. "But I don't work tomorrow. Do you want to go out? Have a drink?"

Sienna pours some water in a pot and places it on a stove. "I can't. I have plans with some friends."

Sienna is some years younger than me, but I like her. She's kind and funny and I like spending time with her. Plus, she's the only one I have come a little closer with and the only person I have hung out out of work. I haven't had the chance to go out at night yet, apart from going to work because If I'm not working then she does. It's kind of a bummer that she couldn't today.

"Bummer." I frown.

"I'd love for you to come but the show we're going to is sold out."

I smile at her. "It's okay. Maybe another time."

"I'd love for you to meet my friends and I have this one friend that I think you're going to like." She says smiling at me playfully.

Is she trying to set me up with someone? That's the last thing I could handle right now but I don't want to be mean or rude.

"I'm not sure what you mean."

Sienna looks at me and sights. "I'm not supposed to say this, he's going to kill me, but I have a friend that has been asking for you a lot."

I smile flattered but I'm really not in the best place right now. I'm still trying to deal with my feelings and I'm not in the mood to look for something new. On seconds thought, maybe that's exactly what I need. Something to distract me from my thoughts. I know that that's how I would have deal with the situation some years ago, although I have never been to a similar situation before. Having feelings is not really my usual. "I'm flattered but I don't think that's a good idea."