Chapter 10: Gathering drama

A/N: I don't own Warriors. Erin Hunter does, I just play with the characters.

" Speech"
Thoughts, dreams
' Flashback'

As RiverClan gathering patrol was padding to the Fourtrees Mapleshade was walking beside Darkstar and Spiketail, her tail tip and ears twitching nervously at the thought of the reactions of her former Clan mates. I hope that Oakstar or Frecklewish won't cause a scene when they see that I and my kits  are a part of the RiverClan patrol.

After a while, the patrol got to the hill that overlooked the gathering hollow.

" You should stay close to either Birchfoot, Cedarstep, or Hollymist, just in case. " Darkstar told her quietly.

Mapleshade nodded, trying to keep calm as the patrol padded into the hollow. This is it. Oh, StarClan, please don't let anything bad happen tonight.

After a few heartbeats, she felt a familiar pelt brushing against hers. As the tortoiseshell and white she-cat turned to look, she saw the slightly worried face of Birchfoot looking back at her.

" Are you alright?" He asked, his mew quiet and calming.

Mapleshade nodded slightly. " I think so. "
He purred, licking her cheek gently. " You'll be alright, I promise. "

Mapleshade purred a little at his reassurance. I hope so.

After the RiverClan patrol joined the rest of Gathering Mapleshade saw Cedarstep padding over to a group of warriors and a few new-looking apprentices. She started to talk with a dark grey tabby tom with a long tail and amber eyes. The tom looked at her with a slightly surprised expression before nodding and purring loudly. Why did he look so surprised? What could Cedarstep have told him?

After some time the leader of WindClan, a dark grey and black tom called Swiftstar yowled, signaling the start of the gathering. " WindClan has two new apprentices. Fernpaw has started her training under Cloudwing and her sister, Brindlepaw is training under Slatefur. Also, Nightfall has given birth to Cloudwing's kits. "

After the gathered Clans had stopped yowling the names of the new WindClan apprentices, it was the turn of ShadowClan's leader, Hollystar whose night-black fur camouflaged him in the shadows, so that only his green eyes and white paws were visible. He padded to the edge of the rock, gazing upon the gathered cats with a small sneer on his muzzle before starting his announcement.

" ShadowClan has had plentiful prey this season and we are growing stronger and stronger than before. We have three new apprentices. Lightningpaw is training under Wolffur, Ripplepaw under Sageblaze, and Cherrypaw under Splashflame. Also, Dewstep has moved into the nursery because she's expecting Owltalon's kits. "

Mapleshade saw the trio of young cats look surprised and a bit proud yet shy when the Clans yowled their names. After the yowls had died down, one of the trio, a pale cream she-cat with jagged dark cream stripes and dark blue eyes, padded over to Petalpaw and Larchpaw who were with their mentors. The tortoiseshell and white warrior purred at the sight of her kits interacting with cats from other Clans. Hopefully, they will find new friends from other Clans during this gathering.