9: The Order

I land in a bright but modest sitting room. Big windows let in light on the left wall, and bookshelves on the right. Remus was by the door waiting for me, he smiled when I arrived. "Good you made it. I almost thought you weren't going to show."

"Well, I only got the invite five seconds ago. I'm glad I was already dressed." He looked confused but I waved him off. He led me into the party room, there was a big long table in the center with chairs all around it. Sirius pats the empty seat in between himself and a woman with rich skin and long black hair. "Hello darling, glad you can make it." I give him a smile and wave at Lily and James sitting across from me. Remus takes a seat at Sirius' other side.

I look around and take everyone in. The Weasleys sat near the front end of the table, Charlie and Bill chased each other around the table, while Percy was in the corner reading a book that should be too advanced for a kid his age. Molly and Aurther each hand a fussy twin in hand, bouncing in place to calm them down. A pair of twins sat next to her, telling molly jokes and making faces at the twins to help her calm them. Moody was eyeing me and the others either didn't notice I was there or didn't want to say anything. Even though Moody was doing a strip search with his magical eye it didn't bother me much. Peter however, gave me the creeps as he stared. I lean into Sirius for comfort, he looks at me then looks up to see Peter staring and takes my hand in his.

He shoots Peter a look and he finally looks away. Dumbledore finally enters the room and I slam my mental walks immediately as the door closes behind him. He looks around the room with a twinkle in his eye and a warm smile, but I feel his attempts to break my walls. "Ah good, everyone is here. First order of business, there has been an increase in muggle and wizarding deaths across the UK. My sources tell me death eaters are the cause. New members of the death eaters must kill a muggle or wizarding family. Make sure you are all safe, anyone who publicly opposes their ideals are attacked in their own homes."

"Is there any way to stop them?" The woman next to me asks. Dumbledore shakes his head, "The only thing we can do is wait for my source to inform me of their next attack, we will strike then."

"Don't we know who some of them are?-"

"We could attack before they do." I believe Fabian starts and Gideon finishes. Dumbledore shakes his head again, "We have no proof, it's just speculation. We wouldn't be any better than them if we act without proof."

"So we just hope for the best? Hope they won't attack me in my sleep?" I give Sirius' hand a squeeze to calm him.

"Black calm down. You are a trainee, you have nothing to worry about." Moody huffs in annoyance. This pisses Sirius off more however and he stands and lets go of my hand. "I may be alright but what about the Weasleys? Who will protect them and their children? And Edgar? No offense but he isn't as young as he used to be, especially since he was hurt during our last order mission." Edgar waves Sirius off, his feeling not at all hurt. I looked over at the Weasleys in concern, Molly looked worried and called her boys to take a seat near her.

Moody stood as well. "Sit your arse down Black. I don't know who you think you are but we are making plans to handle it." I take Sirius' hand again and he looks down at me. "Take a seat Siri." He huffs and plops back down. I intertwine our fingers and give him a small smile, "Don't worry, I'll protect you." He's still upset but still gives me a smile in return. "And I'll protect you."

The meeting continues, everyone giving updates on their undercover missions or offering shelter to those in danger. Dumbledore tells some to keep at it and assigned tasks to others. When the meeting was over Dumbledore called Remus over to speak privately, I gave the others a knowing look then headed over to the Weasleys.

"Hello, you must be Molly and Authur Weasley. I'm Y/N L/N." I bring out my hand and they both shake it happily. "Ah yes, it's lovely to meet you. The Potters have told us a bit about you. What's America like?" I'm surprised they already knew who I was. "I lived in Georgia, it's just above Florida, so it was always a bit hot but it does cool down a bit during winter. That and the hurricanes that always happen at the beginning of the year."

Molly looked horrified. "Hurricanes? Oh you poor dear, I hope you kept safe while you were there." I smile, loving how motherly she was. "Of course Mrs. Weasley. My family home was actually destroyed by one last year. My family and I decided then that we would move to London since that was the plan once I graduated. Didn't expect to run into trouble here when I graduated a few months ago."

"Ran into trouble?" Aurther asks. "Oh they didn't tell you?" They both shook their heads. "My family was attacked by death eaters. They thought we were muggles since I've been homeschooled. My parents fought back best they could but they didn't make it. I barely made it out myself. Ran into Sirius, James, and Remus. Those boys saved my life." Molly looked close to tears and pulled me into a hug. "I'm glad you found those boys, they'll take care of you." I'm tearing up as well and give her a squeeze, "I'll take care of them too."

We pull away and she gives me a smile. "Oh before I forget, my pool has just finished being installed. I'm planning on having a pool party Saturday to break it in. You and your family are invited, your brothers can come as well." They agree to come by, Molly promising to bring some of her baked goods.

"Y/N! Come meet Alice and Frank!" Lily calls out. I wave goodbye to the Weasleys and go to the other side of the room. I shake hands with the Longbottoms as Lily introduces us. "It's a pleasure to meet you guys, Lily talks about you guys all the time." Lily pushes me away softly, "Do not." I nod my head at them. "She does." We all talk for a bit and have a laugh. "Oh, I should mention, my pool is finished! I'm having a pool party this Saturday and you're both invited. I'm sending out owl's with the details later." Sirius heard 'pool' and ran to my side. "The pool is finished? Hell yeah! I'm going to head over now and go swimming. Come on Prongs, the pool is ready!" 

Remus finished talking to Dumbledore and crashed into Sirius as he's running out to the floo. "Where is the fire?" He jokes. I roll my eyes, "my pool is finished so Sirius is going over to jump in." Lily and Alice laugh. "That doesn't sound like a bad idea actually. Alice, Frank, would you like to join us?" I offer. They both shake their head, "not tonight, we have dinner with my mum, but we will definitely join you Saturday." We say our goodbyes and they leave through the floo, we go in after heading to my place.

There was a trail of clothes leading to the back door when we all arrived. I shake my head and accio some towels then transfigure my outfit into a swim set. I send Sirius clothes to his room and we all head outside. Since it was getting dark I turned on the pool lights and waterfall since it seems Sirius couldn't figure it out then jumped right in.

"About time you slow pokes joined me!" We all laughed and the others transfigured their clothing as well before jumping in. The boys wrestle around while Lily and I talk. "I now know what you mean about Dumbledore, I felt him against my mental walls throughout the meeting." We both get out of the pool and take a seat at the chairs watching the sun go down. "I still don't like him, I feel like he could be hiding something, but I don't have any proof." I sigh. Lily pats my shoulder and we watch the boys doing flips and jumps off the platform. Sirius and James even turn into their Animagus forms.

"Be careful jumping in the pool like that boys!" Lily shouts at them.

—————————————————————————

Word count: 1487