026. 𝙣𝙚𝙬𝙨

Neteyam woke up in an unfamiliar marui. The sound of the waves crashing against rocks close to the shore rung through his ears as they twitched. He shot up quickly unaware of his surroundings.

He wasn't home. Not at Awa'atlu anyway, but noticed he was still in the reefs. Was this Eywa's way of resurrecting him?

Nevertheless he was grateful for her anyway and proceeded to look for any Na'vi.

Back at Awa'atlu; Tonowari and Ronal called Jake Sully and his mate to their marui as soon as they got the news.

Ilyana, who sat beside them, was then dismissed by her parents when Turok Makto and his mate stoof in the entrance of their marui pod.

"It is best you go my darling."

Ronal advised her daughter, Ilyana had just healed and Eywa's gift would do nothing but break her heart again. In a huff she obeyed her mother and picked up her belongings before following Lo'ak out, who had promised to occupy her for the day.

"Your son."

Olo'eyktan looked to his wife, he himself was worried. Had this all been fake? No. The power of Eywa is eternal. It was a matter of why and how.

Neytiri and Jake sat opposite them intruged.

"A clan, not too far to the west has informed us.."

It was difficult for him to tell them himself, so Ronal continued for her mate as he watched out onto the ocean out of the opening of their marui pod.

"Neteyam is alive."

Ronal's words were quick and harsh. Like both parents had been stabbed in the chest and healed in a blink. Neytiri had thought they were playing some cruel trick on them and pulled a blade out from behind her, standing in front of Jake.

"Neytiri."

He hummed in her ear. She turned her head slightly and averted her gaze as far back as she could while still facing Olo'eyktan and Tsahìk.

"Listen."

She slid the blade back into where it had been placed before and stepped back, apologising for her sudden outburst.

Tonowari began to explain how he had washed up on a beach of another Metkayina village, tied up the same way as he was burried. Nothing had ever happened like this before.

"Maybe once a few hundred years ago."

Ronal spoke quietly trying to be as reasonable with the shocked Sully's.

"A few hundred years?"

Jake Sully repeated.

"If a bond is strong enough with someone living and the dead, it is possible Eywa would have changed her mind about their destiny."

Neytiri and Jake shared a similar look of happiness and relief. They're eldest son, their beloved Neteyam was safe. They'd be home soon.

"But there are always conditions. Eywa isn't all reasonable."

Tsahìk had immediately regret giving them such hope though they were yet to find out what Eywa had choosed for the consequences to be.

*ೃ༄AUTHOR'S NOTE; neteyam won't be home for a few chapters but patience,, he needs to heal..so does ilyana.
vote and comment !