036. 𝙘𝙡𝙪𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨

This was clearly Eywa's way at showing her she should have stayed in her marui tonight. Clearly their bond had been broken when Neteyam died but Ilyana's heart stung as she saw the girl skip towards the darkskinned blue boy.

Her eyes stayed plastered on the two as the Metkayina girl who Ilyana had called her 'friend' clung tightly to his left arm. Ilyana was sure she was jealous although she had never felt the need to feel this way before.

"He's meant to be loyal."

Her eyes still narrowly glaring at the two, tilting her head as she watched from afar — Lo'ak had stumbled his way over to her.

"Lyana. I had no idea."

This time Lo'ak had manage to control himself, making sure he'd be ready if Ilyana needed him. Luckily, he had showed up at the right time as Ilyana started to sulk.

Lo'ak held her tightly and comfortably. Even though Neteyam was alive now he still needed to keep his promise to Ilyana, even if it meant risking his relationships with anyone else.

"I'll take you to Eysan tomorrow."

Lo'ak was infact busy and had plans for the following day but he made his sacrafice and figured he could hang out with with the Metkayina boys another day.

They discussed further, unsure of Neteyam and thay girl's relationship status. Was it even possible to mate twice? Where Ilyana and Neteyam even still mated?

*ೃ༄

The next morning Ilyana decided to forget all about Neteyam and if Eywa willed it, they'd return together by chance.

As promised Lo'ak would take her to see her spirit sister but their plans were delayed when the boy had dutys to attend to. Ilyana was patient so she vowed to wait for his chores to be completed so they could go together but she soon grew impatient.

"Hey, have you seen Tsofià."

Ilyana simply shrugged at the boy and waited for him to carry on walking but instead he sat beside her on the edge of the woven walkway.

"I have been looking for her."

Ilyana didn't want to be rude but she wanted to scare him off in the meanest way possible. She envied Tsofià, she wanted to be the girl Neteyam would search hours around Awa'atlu for.

"Are you okay?"

Ilyana hadn't spoken a single word and it had clearly made an effect on Neteyam as he began to wonder what he had done. Ilyana nodded in reply, trying to keep the conversation as civil as she could without lashing out at him.

But how couldn't she, Neteyam was clueless to the fact they had mated. In his past life if you will. Neteyam was clueless to how much Ilyana loved him. He was clueless how much it affected her that she watched the two come out from the enclosed space.

"What did you two do yesterday?"

Ilyana could no longer keep it in, she was just to eager to know.

"Who?"

Oh he's so clueless.

"You and Tsofià."

Ilyana spoke barely over a whisper scared that if she spoke to loud Neteyam would hear her shaking.

"Why does it matter?"

There was no way she'd show this boy any emotion but her ears turned down and it was clearly enough for Neteyam to notice that he had spoken in a rude tone.

"I need you to do something for me."

Neteyam stood up, standing beside the girl about to walk off.

"What?"

She had attempted to act unbothered but her facade had been uncovered.

"Stay out of my life."

Ilyana was taken aback by his words, she attempted to storm after him but her mind said otherwise. Her gaze fell of him as he walked into a marui and tears brimmed in her eyes.

Neteyam wanted her out of his life.

*ೃ༄AUTHORS NOTE; guys.. i think she lost him again 🤪🤪
vote and comment!