Chapter 29

Link slowly opened his eyes, peeking around him. He was back in Rucht's guest room. It was very dark; no light shone through the window. 'How did I get here? The last thing I remember was being struck by that sharp thing. Ugh, I feel ill... What happened?' As his eyes began to adjust, he could make out the dark shape of the demon lord, sleeping on the floor beside his bed. His silver hair slightly concealed his face as his chest rose and fell with each breath. He looked so content and peaceful. Link smiled as he watched him. 'Every time I see him, he's just so.... breathtaking...' Ghirahim stirred slightly, mumbling in his sleep. 'His face seems a bit stressed... Maybe a nightmare? I hope he's alright.' In that moment, the demon's eyes shot open, a brief look of terror in his eyes which vanished quickly. He turned to meet the boy's gaze. Upon seeing him awake, his eyes seemed to light up with happiness. "You're awake!! Finally! You kept me waiting, Master." he said joyfully as he pulled the young hero into a warm embrace. A blush spread across Link's cheeks as his body was pressed against the demon lord's. "I'm so glad.... I thought for sure you weren't going to make it..." Ghirahim whispered, as a few tears rolled down his cheeks. Link gazed up into the brown eyes he loved so dearly. They shone with the deep affection, love, and happiness he felt in that moment.

They sat down onto the bed. Link listened to Ghirahim's explanation of the events that happened while he was unconscious. As he finished, Ghirahim was surprised to see tears in Link's eyes. "A-are you alright?" Link lunged forward, wrapping his arms around Ghirahim's chest. "I never thought you'd go through so much trouble for me... Thank you! I can never thank you enough..." he said, sobbing. Ghirahim's surprised face slowly vanished as he gazed lovingly at the child. He gently stroked his blonde hair. "I'd go through much more than that for you. I love you." he said as he gave Link a long passionate kiss on the lips. 'I'll always love you. Forever.'