chapter 20

The Ice was safe enough for them to skate on it, they had to go there by walking through the market though, all kind of smells from tasty foods and sweets, thrift stores that chuuya loved, the smell of alcohol from the small bars that not much people knew, the smell of smoke, laughs, kids running around chasing each other, people holding hands and smiling, of course dazai and chuuya were one of them.

They were holding hands softly so that dazai's wouldn't be in pain with the bruises he already had and he could walk properly, chuuya kept spoiling him even if he was complaining and bought him everything the bruenette wanted, cigarettes, sweets, clothes.

They arrived on the frozen lake, the had some old skating shoes they used when they were 15 and surprisingly they fit them, the ginger was the first one to step on the ice and dazai followed not letting go of chuuya's hand, you could see their breaths as they talked or breathed, it was a cold night, but chuuya's smiled warmed up the bandaged man's hands.

There were only 3 lights but they were enough for them to see each other's face, mesmerised by it and just stare at each other. They were away from the crowd, alone, just them.

"You're mesmerising chuuya" "Oh shut up, you were about to kill yourself some hours ago" the bruenette chuckled to the shorter man's reaction "what are you laughing at?!" "But that wad a few hours ago wasn't it? Now you're here and I'm staring at your pretty face, it's like heaven to me" "took you a lot of time to realise it." Dazai ran his hand on chuuya's cheek and hair.

"You're not that cocky teenager anymore are you?" "I wasn't cocky! I was in love!" "You're not now?" Chuuya rolled his eyes "You got wasted a lot of times didn't you? That's why your sweet girlfriend left you?" "Why be so rude even now freak?" Dazai leaned closer and laughed "You're the one calling me a freak" "and you're calling me a drug addict" "I just said she left you because you got wasted, I wouldn't leave you like that" "you left me for university dazai, you're not in the position to talk" "I guess I'm not" he said and grabbed the ginger's waist.

"I'm still in love with you" "im not." "Aw come on chuuya, why be so tough?" Chuuya sighed "I don't wanna start this right now, let's just not talk" dazai suddenly kissed the ginger's lips gently, they were a little shore but he didn't care, he had missed kissing chuuya, he had missed touching him, holding him, being with him, talking with him, he had missed his lips, his hair, his eyes, his body, he had missed chuuya.

He carefully moved chuuya closer to his body from the ginger's waist that he was holding with his one hand "lets skate" he said with a smile that sparked dazai's eyes.

Some years later

Dazai was laying on the couch with chuuya resting his head on his chest while being between his legs and reading a book while the bruenette was smoking "Why you reading your own book chuuya?" "To realise how stupid I was back then" "stupid?" He said with a chuckle "yes, for fucking falling in love with you" dazai grabbed the ginger's chin gently so he could look at him "You regret it?" He said with a playful smile "Yeah because now I have to deal with you everyday" dazai whined about how chuuya was so mean but the ginger just grabbed the bandaged man's cigarette "I don't regret it".

They bought a house together and tried to live together and heal each other, they still got drunk all the time, smoked, fucked and weren't really healthy people, but they were happy with each other and that was what mattered the most.

This time they were both smiling and loving each other, they were soulmates, they fit each other more than anyone, they were meant to fall in love.

The end.

Author notes: woah this book is over, thank you all so much for the support you have given me all this time, I really appreciate it and I hoped yku enjoyed reading this book as much as I enjoyed making it and seeing your sweet comments <3 ALSO I FORGOT TO SAY IT ALL THIS DAYS HAPPY NEW YEARS!! I  was off wattpad so I didn't have the chance to say it