15

Kamala pov…

Shit, I’m in so much pain right now. When was the last time I felt pain like this? Why is it so damn dark as well? Wait… Am I fucking dead? No, no. I can’t be dead. Kiet, that bitch of a motherfucker.

I just got my son back and now I’m dead. For fuck sake!

I’m finally able to open my eyes and look around. Why am I in the Thailand Donna meeting room back in Thailand? What the fuck? I can barely move properly because of the pain I’m feeling.

I heard the door open and I snapped my head towards it.

“Hello Pranpriya.” Three women walked in and removed their masks. What the hell. “I knew beauty ran in our genes but I didn’t know this beauty.” Chinda smiled, pointing at me. “You're right.” Achara laughed.

“What am I doing here?” I asked, hella fucking confused. “You're here because you're dead.” My eyes widened. “Chinda, this isn’t a funny matter.” Mani rolled her eyes as Chinda burst out in laughter.

“Pranpriya, you are not dead. You are perfectly alive, just in a slight coma.” Okay, that’s good. “We are here to send you a message.” Mani sat directly opposite me while Chinda and Achara sat on each side of her.

“And what message is this?” I asked, slowly moving both my arms up to the table so I could be more comfortable. “You need to go back to Thailand with Koda, Jennie, Trinity and your brothers.” I looked at them confused.

“And why?”

“We are giving you a mission. A mission that needs to be done by you and the girls.” I stared at them confused while they stared back at me with a blank expression. “I am so confused. What exactly is the mission?”

“Once you get to Thailand you will figure that out.” I? Will I figure it out? How… Oh my days.

“Are you saying this just because my uncles want me to come back to Thailand?” Achara and Chinda laugh while Mani shakes her head in amusement. “Well, it would have been nice if you just stayed in Thailand but no. We’re saying this to stop Kiet.”

I let out a sigh.

“For now, your focus isn’t on Kiet.” I looked up at Chinda. “It is someone else who you would be happy to get rid of. Someone who also caused your pain and suffering.” I looked at them confused.

“Get better, go to Thailand and you will see what we're talking about.” Mani said standing up as well as the other two. “Wait, is that all? Is that all you're gonna say?” I asked, annoyed.

“Yes, my child. That is all we have for you for now.”

My eyes started becoming heavy and for some reason I’m tired all over again. Fuck, my ribs hurt.

Jay pov…

“I still don’t understand why you can’t tell me anything!” I shouted, this time standing up. “I will stuff my fucking fist down your throat if you keep raising your damn voice at me!” Trinity got in my face and I backed up.

“Jay, calm the fuck down.” Carver said, pulling Trinity back.

“We said it before and we’ll say it again. Kamala’s car accident comes with a lot of explaining and we can’t tell you the most important detail.” Koda said, staring at me with a blank expression.

“All you need to know is that someone tried to kill her.” she shrugged. “But who is that person?” Lee asked. “When Kamala wakes up and she’s comfortable telling you, she will. It’s not our place to tell her story.”

I huffed, sitting down and looked at Kamala’s lifeless body in the bed. Her skin was pale and her lips were dry. Ah fuck, how could this even happen? Why would someone try to kill her? I mean, people have been on The Sythen Assassins case for a long time but no one was ever able to catch them.

Plus, they haven't made assassinations in so long. I would actually expect people to forget about them for a minute.

"Where’s Ashton?" Lucas asked. "He's with his uncles somewhere asleep. All he's been doing is crying and crying." Jennie answered. "I feel for him though. His mum is unconscious in a hospital bed. He doesn't even know why." Lee said and Koda looked at him. He looked at her smirking which made her roll her eyes at him.

I don't know what all that was.

I looked back at Kamala and just stared at her. How was she under me one minute then in a hospital bed the next? Okay, not the right time for these types of thoughts but it's true.

Time skip…

I felt something grip my joggers or in fact try to get on top of me. I opened my eyes to see Ashton trying to get on top of me. His eyes are red and puffy. "Hey buddy." I picked him up and he immediately clinged onto me. I rested his head on my chest and rubbed his back.

He was sniffing while I stared at Kamala.

"Will mummy be okay?" He asked. "She will be fine. Mummy is just resting." I told him. "But, uncle Kento said mummy was hurt thats why she is like this." He looked at me with his eyes filling up with tears. "Yes, she was hurt but this will help her get better. Once she's awake she's brand new again." I smiled, wiping his tears.

He laid his head back onto my chest.

"Are you going to be my Dad?" I looked at him with wide eyes. A dad? I never imagined myself a dad. Well, not until I saw Kamala. "I've never had a dad. Mummy never told me about mine." Oh my gosh. "Do you know who my dad is?" He looked at me. "No, sorry Ash." He put his head back on my chest.

"Can you be my dad?" I looked down at him and smiled. "Of course, I will be your dad." He made a small giggle making my smile grow wider. After a few minutes of talking, I could hear gentle snores coming from him. I don't think he's slept properly for days now.

"Goodnight, bubba."

I need to start being more active on this book

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Anna🤍