Chapter 13

"What is this?" I asked as a box got put into my hand.

"A present" Ross said "Open it"

I smiled and opened it, a necklace of the word 'J' in the color of gold

"Its beautiful, thank you" I said

"Your welcome" he said getting up and coming behide me. He put it on me then kissed my neck.

"Your beautiful" he said

I smiled .

"And to top it all off, some wine" he said pouring a cup

"You just want it to be your perfect life, right?" I asked

"With you, its always a perfect life" he said giving me the cup

We were on a panic blanket in the green grass outside a farm, the sun was setting and everything was right.

Ross sat down behide me and held me. "Forever?"

"Forever" I said leaning my head back, "Forever"

******************************************************

Another day, walking, feet hurting, burning, crying, feeding, so much work. We haven't sat down until we ate and to feed Mia. The sun was setting and we still had no where to go, I thought about where we were going.

"You okay?" Ross asked putting his arm around me

"Fine," I said "Where are we going?"

"Don't know" he said putting his hands on his pockets, "Johnny hasn't told us yet"

A scream came out of the monsters. We all stopped and turned around. A monster came and looked at us and screamed again.

"Run!!!!" Johnny yelled

We all ran for our lives, trying not to fall on any rocks or broken glass. We all went our own ways. Three monsters came and one chased me and Ross. Ross tried to open a house door, but couldn't, it was locked. The monster screamed and we looked at it, Ross kicked the door down and we ran upstairs, and hid in the up stairs closet. Ross closed the door and we were in the dark. The only thing we heard was our breath and one of the monsters climbing up stairs. Mia began to cry and I freaked out. Ross grabbed her and began rocking her.

"Shh...." He said quietly

Mia stopped and a shadow came over the closet. One of its hands were on the door. A gun shot went off and the monster looked that way. I toke a deep breath, hoping that it can go away. It went down the stairs and left. I let out of breath and looked at Ross. He hugged me.

"You okay? Are you hurt?" he asked pulling away

"I'm fine" I said smiling as he put his hand on the jawline. He gave me a kiss and gave me Mia. He slowly opened the door and walked out, making sure that everything was okay.

"Jess," he said looking in a doorway

I walked towards him and looked inside, Over the walls were 'God, forgive us' in blood, people living dead in the room.

"Why would people do that?" Ross asked

I soke my head "I don't know"

"Because of this world?" he asked

"Maybe" I said grabbing his hand "Lets go find the others"