<< the box >>

(averys pov)

I looked up from my book to see Jameson standing over me, he gave me his devastating smirk and handed me a cup of coffee, I took a sip and looked up at him, smiling, he grabbed my waist with one arm and lifted me up onto his lap like I weighed nothing.

"Are you gonna finish your coffee?" Jameson asked me, I gazed up at him, "maybe, I got to finish something else first tho"

he smirked and cupped my face in his hands, never in my life had I wanted someone to kiss me so badly, Jameson teased me by not kissing me, I finally ruffled my fingers through his hair and pushed my lips against his, my legs wrapped around his waist as he got off the stool and pushed me against the wall.

I would have kissed him forever if Xander and Max hadn't just then walked into the kitchen. They were holding hands and laughing about some video on Max's phone. They looked up and started backtracking their steps, "sorry beaches" max said and she pulled Xander out of the room.

Jameson placed me back onto the floor and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, I started to say something but the doorbell rang, I ran to the door to open it, a dozen thoughts were going through my head, who was at the door? I glanced behind me to see Oren standing in the shadows, he had promised to be "invisible" and he had stuck to his word, he nodded and I opened the door.

On the doorstep was a box but no human, I picked up the box and handed it to Oren, he examined it and then nodded, and handed it back to me, he then left the room, I knew he was still watching me but I pretended he wasn't, I walked back into the kitchen to see Xander, Jameson, and max all looking at me.

I placed the package on the counter and kissed Jameson's cheek, he looked questionably at the box and I said "nobody was at the door, just this box" Xander inspected the box and max said, "holy ship, open it ave!" I grabbed a knife and cut open the box, "careful heiress" Jameson murmured into my ear, I glance up at him and reply "always".

Inside the package is a note, I picked it up and examined it, then I read it out loud, "seven, three, twenty, twelve" Xander pulled out a piece of paper and started writing the numbers down, "a code?" I suggested, "or initials" max said, "coordinates," Jameson said and he looked positive.

After a few minutes of rearranging the numbers, I called Alisa, "hello, you are still at the beach house I presume" I replied "yes, but not for long, do I own property at these coordinates" I sent the coordinates over to Alisa and waited, after a moment of her rustling through papers she said "you own a cottage" Alisa sent the address and said "just don't get into to much trouble" Jameson smirked and spoke into the phone, "of course not".

"let's pack," I said and Jameson smiled down at me as if I had just said yes to a proposal or something, "lets" he replied, Max, hugged Xander and Jameson picked me up and spun me around, "you're really becoming a Hawthorne heiress" he murmured, I looked into his eyes and couldn't help but cup my hands around his face and kiss him.