<< plane ride >>

(jamesons pov) 

I look up from my bag and see Avery sitting on the edge of our bed. I sit next to her and wrap my arms around her. she looks up at me and I see her hazel eyes with golden brown flecks.

"God, you're beautiful" I murmured. She smiles at me, "I love you" she says. I cupped my hands around her face and pressed my lips to hers.

These last two years had been rough but I know I couldn't have done it without Avery. When we pull away from the kiss, I saw her eyes glowing with pure joy. "Let's go back to packing," she said.

Me, Avery, Xander, Max, and Oren were all gathered by the front door. "Alisa got the private jet out here," Oren said.
Max started jumping up and down, "Let's get this party started, beaches!" She said. I pick up Avery's luggage and she wraps an arm around me while Xander wraps an arm around Max and we all walked out the door.

On the plane, I and Avery were teaming up against Max and Xander for a game of chess. "Check," Xander says. "Damnit Xan" Avery replies, she looks at me and I nod my head. "game on," I say to Xan and Max.

five minutes later, somehow I, and Avery got out of check with Xan and Max, and we ended up putting them in "checkmate" Avery says, I smile and press my lips against her cheek.

"Okay, okay lovebirds," Max says. I laugh and see Xan plant a kiss on Max's lips, "look who's talking" Avery says while laughing.

"Who's up for a round of truth or drink?" I ask teasingly for I knew Avery hates that game. "You are on like donkey Kong," Max said. I looked over at Avery and see her rolling her eyes.

"Oh come on, my BHFF" Avery said. Last year when I was traveling and Ave was still in high school, Ave gave Xan that nickname. "What does that even stand for?" Max asked laughing,

"Best Hawthorne Friend Forever" Avery replies, "I thought I was your best friend," I said jokingly, "well your more than a friend," Av1ery said, Xander started cackling while max says "alright but let's actually play truth or drink".

3 hours later and 23 rounds of truth or drink later, we got off the plane, Avery was definitely the drunkest, she was half asleep on my back, I carried her over to the SUV and laid her down.

she murmured "water" so I gave her my water bottle. the whole ride to the cottage Max and Xander were making out, while Avery was asleep laying her head on my lap.