<< the toby to my hannah >>

(averys pov)

The inside of Evelyn's cottage looked like the outside, cozy, comfy, and cute. Me, Jameson, Xander, and Max all sat on a couch while Evelyn sat in a chair.

"So, what brings you here?" She asked cheerfully, "well, we got a clue saying to come here," I said, "it's kind of a long story," Jameson said. she smiled and got up "I have something for you Avery, I'll be right back".

I glanced over towards Max who was fiddling with her hair, and Xan next to her was looking around, my eyes shifted to Jameson, he was looking at me and smiling.

When Evelyn returned she was holding a small box, she handed it to me and said "this showed up on my doorstep this morning with a note saying, give this to Avery" I inspected the box and began to open it. Inside the box was an envelope, I handed the envelope to Xander who tore it open.

"It's money," Max said over Xan's shoulder, "money? why the heck would the old man leave me money?" Xander handed the money to me and I looked at it closer. There were no words scribbled on it or anything.

I looked at Jameson who was smirking, "now, what does the old man have up his sleeve this time" he said. "I don't know" I replied "but I'm gonna find out".

We thanked Evelyn and left, I needed to find out why he had left me money, well if he even left this for me. Once we got back to the cottage I and Jameson headed to our room while Max and Xander went to theirs.

When we were in our room, I looked up at Jameson to see him smiling at me, he had been smiling an awful lot lately, "hey" I said, "hey" he replied with a laugh.

I stared into his eyes, the eyes that have made me happy for the past 2 years. Sometimes Jameson was the only reason I smile, he grinned and pulled me closer to him, "I would rather die than ever leave you" he murmured back "I love you, Avery".

Our lips touched, my heart melted and I wanted to just stay there with him. safe with Jameson. He pulled away and looked at me, "are you okay?" He asked.

I looked down, I had been thinking about my mom a lot lately but hadn't told him, a tear escaped me and he immediately pulled me in for a hug.

He hugged me for what felt like an eternity. He was the one for me, I knew it, he knew it, everyone knew it, he was the toby to my Hannah.