§ㅅ15ㅅ§

"More commonly known as owl's." I hear as I limp into the classroom.

"Ah! Y/n, how lovely of you to make it. I do understand why you are late but please be punctual next time." I nod and take a seat.

"Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so-" she paused to look around. "And the consequences may be... severe." She pointed her wand at the stacks of books behind her and the books started to float towards our desks. She went on.

"Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you will be pleased to know from now on, you will be following a carefully structured, ministry approved course of defensive magic. Yes?" She asked as Hermione raised her hand, she along with the rest of us had been skimming the book to see what we would have to study and for Ron, have to sit through.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells." Hermione stated, sometimes glancing back at her book.

"Using spells?" Delores then chuckles, high and eerie "Well I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom."

"We're not going to use magic?" Ron asked, I have to admit he does look less obnoxious than he was in the year I was knocked out.

"You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way."

"Well, what use is that?" Delores closes her eyes, barely bothering to turn to Harry as her mouth twists into a passive aggressive smile. Despite this, Harry still continues.

"If we're going to be attacked, it won't be risk-free."

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class." She says, walking away, seeming like she didn't really know the answer and was avoiding the statement. Seemingly.

"It is the view of the ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations, which, after all, is what school is all about-" Harry slid in.

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry said, pointing quite aggressively towards the window of the tight classroom.

"There is nothing out there, dear." Her voice was getting higher and higher as she spoke. "Who do you imagine would want to attack children, like yourself?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe Lord Voldemort." The name sent whispers across the classroom, although I stayed quiet, back straight, book open, looking at Umbridge. I do not want to get on her bad side.

"Now, let me make this... quite plain," the whispers quietened down but didn't create complete silence, she raised her voice "You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again." She walked down the rows between the desks, smiling as she walked past me.

"This... is... a... lie." She said the last word as she reached Potter which made him conduct and outburst. I rolled my eyes secretly, he's on her bad side already.

"It's not a lie! I saw him! I fought him!" "Detention Mr Potter!"

"So according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord?" "Cedric Doggory's death was a tragic accident.

"It was murder, Voldemort killed him! You must know that!" "Enough!" Delores shouted, making most of the students either jump or look up. "Enough." She said in a quieter tone, collecting herself.

"See me later, Mr Potter, my office." She giggles and then sighs sadly. We pick up our books and book sacks to start the long walk to the potions room. Draco and I let go of our hands before we reach the classroom, I doubt that Snape knows about our fake relationship.

"So, as you have heard Miss L/n, Draco will tutor you over the lessons you have missed, because I am your house master, I will keep a close watch over you too. If I see no progress then we will have to find another to teach you although I do believe Draco is more than capable." He looks over to Draco first and then to me. He then hands me a stack of 4 books.

"Get, to, work." The words, enunciated specifically as different syllables.

Me and Draco sit down at one of the desks, Draco mentioned previously during the headmaster's speech that they didn't have many lessons last year because of the tri-wizard tournament which meant that -luckily -I didn't have much work to catch up on.

We start at chapter three because according to Draco it was the easiest. I get out a cauldron and all the ingredients and get to work.

It takes us four tutor lessons to finish the first book and apparently the other books are harder and longer so I have a lot of alone time with Draco ahead on me.

We head back to the dorm together and I head up to my room to do some studying for the Owl's, Delores was right about studying hard because my cousin had failed his Owl's and I haven't heard from him since.

My eyes drift slowly to a close but I snap them back open, it's 5 minutes to 1:00 and I've only studied for two of my subject, I put my books back neatly beside my bed and stick the parchment, my inc, and my pen on my beside table, I had changed into my Pj's halfway through my defence against the dark arts book.

I give into sleep and my eyes drift to a close, before I'm completely unconscious, I kick off my slippers and slide under my duvet covers, and is instantly hit with the warmth my bed had preserved for me. I smile as I drift off.