Chapter 5: Movie Night

Tuesday 5:00 PM:

An hour or so passed. I was sitting on my couch, looking through my phone, when I got a message from Sandy which read, 'Hey, in case SpongeBob doesn't break the curse in time, I've already told everyone, even his parents, and we're going to get together Friday and celebrate for the last time. Let's just hope he tells them before Friday.' My heart sank. First, everyone in Bikini Bottom knows about the curse and how I've been helping him hide it, and second.. It's scary to think about SpongeBob never really being himself again. The light in my life, the light in Bikini Bottom, gone forever. Like he would die, but his body would still be here, just some empty husk of a human being.. I-I I can't let that happen, I have to go show him this and make him tell me who it is so.. So I don't lose him. I knocked on his door. He answered and let me in. I showed him the message, I could tell he was scared too. We sat down on the couch to talk. He went first, "S-So this means.. Everyone knows? E-Everyone? M-My head is starting to hurt again.." His mark glowed slightly. I replied a little burnt out at first, "Yeah, I guess your crush will be easy to explain to now, huh?.. Listen SpongeBob. That's not my only worry. If you lose the ability to love, you won't love your job, you won't love your life here. You won't love anything or anyone ever again. You'd basically be gone. F-Forever. You light this town up, and I know I'm usually not interested in your well being, but I need you to tell me who you're in love with. Once I know, I can understand your situation better." SpongeBob blushed and looked to the side awkwardly, clutching the fabric of the skirt he was wearing. His hair and eyes turned pink again, and the mark lit up like a beacon. He took a deep breath, "I-I can't tell you who it is exactly, but I've known him since I moved into Bikini Bottom. He may have a hard time expressing his emotions, but he's sweet. He loves music, he's a nervous wreck, he's got fluffy hair, and- He makes me feel.. special. I haven't seen him truly happy in a long time though. I wish he would know how much I love him.." I tried to tell him what he looked like, "S-Sponge? You're literally glowing pink.." He was completely red-faced, "Oh! I-I am? Ha.. I feel warm and kinda funny." I smiled a bit, trying to hide it, "Maybe you should calm down? How about I put on a movie?" He nodded.

Tuesday 7:00 PM:

I grabbed the remote and put on the first movie I saw. I got up, turned off the lights, and grabbed two blankets. I went back to the couch and gave one to SpongeBob. 10 minutes passed before he asked me a question, "Can I.. snuggle with you? S-Sorry, that's weird, I shouldn't have asked!" I blushed, "Fine." He looked at me, still glowing. Neptune, why is he so cute? SpongeBob questioned my reply, "W-What?" I sighed, "I said fine. Do you want to.. 'snuggle' or not?" He smiled and hugged me. I ended up holding him on the couch, our legs intertwined. He giggled, "You're cozy!" I blushed but tried to get rid of the thought. His smile was so adorable, I felt my heart quickening again.. I replied with a question, "Hey, do you want to just skip work tomorrow. I mean these could be your last days really being you? You know?" He took a pause and then spoke, "Yeah, you're right. I hate missing work, but I want a break too. Let's do it!" I smiled, "Okay then."

Tuesday 7:45 PM:

About half an hour passed and of course there had to be some sort of sex scene in this movie. I've only been awakened to the fact that I like guys for what? Maybe a week now? And SpongeBob might literally die from his little crush, so it was.. something. I was red faced the entire time, and watched SpongeBob start glowing again. He reached for my hand and held it, to be fair I'm not sure if I can handle the situation at this point.. I spoke with a shaky breath, "A-Are you okay? I could skip this part?" He replied, "N-No, it's fine." I think we were both relieved once that ended.

Tuesday 9:30 PM:

By the end of the movie, he had fallen asleep on me. I decided to carry him up to his bed. I tucked him in and laid next to him, trying to get some rest and not think about the day.