Chapter 8: "I Love You"

Thursday 6:00 PM:

SpongeBob and I sat next to each other, about a foot or two away from each other. I sighed, laying down and looking into the sky, "Sponge, you're going to just do it, right? I mean it's basically life or death. A-And I can't-.." He sighed, "I-I.. don't know. I should, but kissing that guy? It could ruin our relationship. Is it worth it? T-There has to be another way!" SpongeBob lied down next to me. He continued, "I have a question." I glanced at him, "Shoot." Gently smiling, he spoke, "Do you care about me? Honestly, okay?" Of course I cared. Who wouldn't? But, how was I supposed to tell him that? Ever since I got here, I pretended to show no interest in him, called him names, basically was a terrible person to him. Suddenly, I show my true colors? No, I can't do that.. I sat up, so did he, "What!?-" I yelled, stopping myself. Is my ego really this big? The person I love could be gone forever tomorrow and my ego is so big I refuse to tell them I care about them!? I corrected myself, "-.. Of course I care about you! Why wouldn't you think that!? SpongeBob, everytime I'm around you, you make me happy, even when I pretend to be a ruthless jerk. I only do that because I hate myself, me and my stupid ego. You make me feel nice about myself, unlike anyone I've ever met, and for some reason that scared me. But, letting some ego control me is messed up! You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. At the end of the day the only thing I can even think about, is you. The way you laugh, the way you smile, the way your freckles shine in the sunlight. I love everything about you, I-.." I stopped rambling and stared at him, at his hair, his eyes, his body language. I admitted, "SpongeBob, I love you.. More than anything." I snapped out of whatever sort of trance I was in, realizing what I just said. Not only that, but the way I said it, the way he was looking at me, his hair and eyes: glowing a hot pink color, as well as his mark, flashing to the beat of his heart. I suddenly felt light headed, placing my thumbs on his cheeks and wrapping my hands on his head, staring into his eyes. I panicked, feeling my heart pounding. Getting up, I slowly backed away. A couple steps back, I made a run for it.