Chapter 1: A Mark?

Monday 2:00 PM:

This day has been exhausting. Just sitting here at this register all day long, taking orders, and dealing with SpongeBob. I would kill to just go home.

Monday 2:30 PM:

Of course, when my break actually starts, SpongeBob is beyond eager to speak with me. I'm... not sure why? He tucks a tuft of his hair behind his ear and tries to start a conversation, "So.." I immediately shut him up, "Just leave me alone! Can't I have one day without you bothering me?" SpongeBob looked hurt and a little embarrassed, even though he was a young man, he was extremely sensitive. Maybe I shouldn't have lashed out at him, it's just been a really hard day. He started to tear up, not saying anything. SpongeBob walked outside slowly and to my surprise, I didn't hear him sobbing. This worried me a bit more than it should have. Neptune, why am I such a terrible person? Ugh, whatever, I'll just go check on him. I got up and left the Krusty Krab, looked around the building and eventually saw him, sitting down against the back of the building and thinking. Great, I really messed up, didn't I? I walked over to him and sat down beside him. Once he noticed I was there, he wiped his tears. "Hey.. I'm sorry. I'm just having a bad day, it's not your fault." SpongeBob smiled gently at me, and then spoke with enthusiasm, still wiping his tears, "You really mean it?..." I sighed, "Yes, I mean it, SpongeBob.. Wait, have you always had that mark on your hand? Who am I kidding, it's probably some dumb thing you drew. What is it anyway?" He had a pink mark on his hand in the shape of a heart. SpongeBob looked down at his hand in confusion and seemed a bit shocked. He replied nervously, "I have no idea how that got there?.. Let's go wash it off!" I sighed and stood up, helping SpongeBob up as well. We walked inside and towards the bathroom. Once we got to a sink, SpongeBob stuck his hand under the water. A few minutes passed of him trying to get it off, but it stayed there, it didn't even fade or anything. He looked closely at his hand and whispered, "I don't think it's gonna come off.." I could tell he was a bit scared, but there's no way in Neptune it's some kind of mark or scar. "Give me that!" I shouted and grabbed his hand. I tried as hard as I could to get it off to the point where SpongeBob had to pull his hand away from the pain. I'll admit, he was right, "You're not kidding." He started shaking a little and seemed to be extremely anxious. I impulsively grabbed his shoulders and looked him in the eyes as I tried to calm him down, "Sponge?  Hey, look at me, you're going to be okay. I'm sure we can get it off somehow. Let's just call it a day and go home, okay?" He nodded with shaky breath. I sighed and took his hand walking out of the bathroom.