Chapter 9: Goodbye Party

Thursday 8:00 PM:

NEPTUNE! What have I done!? I ran all the way home and just abandoned him? What's wrong with me? I told SpongeBob I love him and now I have to wait for the impending doom of him confronting me.. H-Hold on.

I told SpongeBob I love him.

Oh Neptune!! Okay, okay, everything will be fine! I-I just have to relax.. But how can I!? What if I'm wrong, what if it's not me he likes.. There's no way it could be me, I was a jerk to him since day one. Some stupid apology won't change that! And to force my feelings onto him just before he could literally fall into a walking coma!? I should run away! That's it! I have to pack my bags- Oh. My phone started ringing, it was SpongeBob.. I cleared my throat and picked it up, "H-Hello?" He asked one question, "Was it true, when you said you loved me?" I confessed hesitantly, "Y-Yes? Listen, I know you don't feel the sa-" He hung up. Ow.. Okay, forget running away. I-I.. I'm just going to sleep. Now I'm sure he hates me.

Friday 9:00 PM:

It was finally Friday, and I was sitting alone at his 'goodbye' party. Yet, SpongeBob wasn't there, at his own party, and maybe his last. I never should have said anything. Not very many people were here actually, it's sort of awkward. Like a funeral. Great. I sighed, getting up and taking a seat at Plankton and Karen's table, "Hey." He spoke, somehow not even caring about the situation. I replied, deeper in thought than I should have been, "What do you think it'll be like when he's gone?" Plankton sighed, "Lonely. There was nothing to do before he came here. You wouldn't know, but before SpongeBob was around, there was nothing to do. The Krusty Krab sucked just as badly as the Chum Bucket, since there was no fry cook. Jellyfish Fields was overpopulated with jellyfish." Karen added to her husband's short speech, "Yeah, but when SpongeBob came, optimism filled everyone's lives, people who never had friends, finally had someone to talk to. If he were to leave, it wouldn't end well for Bikini Bottom, according to my calculations, that is, not that I care." But she did care, I could tell. I think everyone cares about SpongeBob at least a little. Plankton smiled, "I'm evil, really evil, and even I know SpongeBob is a miracle. But I think you already knew that." He was right, I guess I never realized how much he helped everyone here..