f o u r

As the days passed, Reigen grew more comfortable with those around her. It was slow going, trying to open herself up to even the ones she was most fond of, but she was doing much better on the speaking part.

Though they weren't able to see each other much in school other than lunch, Shinso and Reigen's friendship was progressing at a steady rate. After school, they would often train and spar with each other to prepare Shinso for the intensity at which the Hero Course trained. When she learned of his quirk, she didn't comment anything about it not being 'heroic,' only taking the stipulations that came with it as a challenge for herself.

Shinso, on the other hand, made many comments about her luck when it came to her quirk. Without going into too much detail, she told him how hard she'd had to work to get just to the point she is now. Yes, she was very fortunate to have been born with the quirk she had, but it didn't mean she didn't work just as hard as everyone else.

She also was beginning to build Shinso's confidence when it came to his quirk. It wasn't as useless as he often said it was, and there were many different ways she felt he could put it to use.

It was a training day, and class 1-A went to a place that was called the USJ. The space hero, Thirteen, was leading the training for the day. After it was explained to them what they were there to do, the lights in the place flickered. Reigen watched with amazement, thinking how lucky she was to be able to go to a school like this.

Just as the thought crossed her mind, though, a hole of darkness opened up right in front of the fountain at the center of the USJ. A hand reached out, and Reigen watched as Shouta went on guard.

"Stay together and don't move!" Shouta commanded, "Thirteen, protect the students!"

"Woah, what is that thing?" Kirishima asked, and the students watched as people began to pour out of the growing mass of darkness. "Wait, has the training started already? I thought we were rescuing people."

"Stay back!" Shouta yelled, putting on his goggles. "This is real, those are villains." Reigen's heart rate picked up at that, not wanting to believe that her classmates were being put in such a serious situation already.

"What? Real villains? No way. How could so many of 'em get into a UA facility this secure?"

"Yeah, Thirteen," Yaoyorozu said, "why aren't the alarms going off?"

"Good question," Thirteen paused. "I'm not sure."

"Is the entire campus under attack?" Todoroki asked. "Or is this their only target? Either way, if the alarm sensors aren't being triggered, then one of these villains must have a quirk that's masking their presence here. They carefully chose this isolated facility as an entry point when a class was being taught. They're fools for trespassing here, but they've thought this out. Whatever their plan, they must have a concrete objective in mind. But what is it?"

Reigen pressed her lips together. What was their plan? A massacre? That wouldn't make sense, unless they wanted to put fear in the hearts of the pros which... Would make sense. Surely, they couldn't think that at least one person wouldn't get out and tell the staff at the school, right?

"Thirteen, get them outta here." Shouta said, "And alert the main campus. Actually, if they've got the ability to block our sensors, then they might be jamming our regular communications, too. Kaminari, try using your quirk to contact the school."

"Yes, sir," Kaminari muttered.

"What're you gonna do? You can't fight them on your own!" Midoriya said. "There's too many of 'em. Even if you can nullify their quirks, your fighting style's not suited for this. Your power works best in stealth and one-on-one fights. That's not gonna help with a group."