t w e n t y - f o u r

sorry for the late updates-- here's a double for ya to make it up :) 

That night, after dinner was eaten and dishes were cleaned, they bathed and changed out of their sweaty gym uniforms. The students were tasked with a 'test of courage;' they would be separated by class, 1-B being the first to attempt to scare 1-A. The students would then be paired up to trek through the woods along a path.

Reigen grabbed her number from Mandalay, thanking her quietly and looking down at it.

"What did you get?" Todoroki had materialized behind her, making her start slightly. She turned to face him, giving him a small smile.

"Eight. What about you?"

"Two."

"Oh hell no!" An angry voice sounded to their left, a fuming Bakugo stomping over to them with a scowl on his face. "Switch with her," he demanded, looking at Todoroki.

"Sorry! No switching!" Mandalay's voice made Bakugo's scowl grow, his shoulders hunching in annoyance. He clicked his tongue, marching toward the front of the group. Reigen gave Todoroki a sympathetic smile, to which he shrugged and walked toward the blonde.

It didn't take Reigen long to find her partner, Izuku looking around with wide eyes. She grabbed his sleeve, holding up her number in a question.

"Oh, good," he sighed, smiling in relief.

They chatted for a little while as some of the students in the first groups began their journey. It wasn't too long before the distinct smell of smoke filled Reigen's nostrils, and she looked around in alarm.

"You see that?" Midoriya spoke from beside her, everyone who was still at the rendezvous point looking up as well.

"Black smoke...?"

"Has something been set ablaze?"

"Maybe a fire on the mountain?"

Suddenly, Pixie-Bob was surrounded in a glow, being pulled toward something and abruptly halted. She was knocked out cold, a tall person stepping out from the brush.

"Pixie-Bob!" Izuku and Reigen both began to run for the woman, Tiger halting them by throwing his arm out.

"This is bad," Mandalay said, watching as another villain stepped into the clearing. "Everyone," she said, but Reigen heard her voice as though it was coming from a part of her own brain. "Two villains attacked us. It's possible there are more coming. Everyone-- return to camp immediately, we're regrouping. Do not engage any enemies."

The villain who looked like a lizard began to speak, revealing that they were part of the League of Villains. Reigen's heart dropped, her thoughts immediately going to the students who were in the forest. The very forest that was currently burning.

The villain continued to speak about weighing people's lives based on Stain's principles, but Reigen was now practically vibrating with worry. She could barely hear what was going on around her, only thinking that she needed to help get the others to safety.

Mandalay seemed to have other ideas, as she told Iida to bring the students who remained in the clearing back to camp. He obliged, calling out to Reigen and Izuku when they didn't follow.

"Mandalay! Kota-- I know where he is," Izuku said, looking to the woman in desperation. Reigen's eyes shot over to him, fear evident in both of their gazes. Mandalay nodded hesitantly, telling him that he needed to go back to camp as soon as they were safe. He took off, Reigen running behind him and ignoring the yells that followed her.

Izuku looked over his shoulder, eyes widening slightly when he saw the white haired girl trailing behind him. "Reigen-- What are you doing?"

"You're not going alone. We don't know who's out there." He looked like he wanted to argue, but continued to run determinedly.