t w e n t y - t w o

Yet again, it was way too damn early for this shit.

Reigen and the girls had spent most of their night playing UNO, and 5 AM came way too quickly for any of them. They walked out, Mina hanging off Reigen in her exhaustion as they yawned simultaneously.

"Good morning, class," Shouta addressed them all, seeming more awake than most of the kids. "Today, we begin a training camp that will increase your strength. Our goal is to increase your skills exponentially, so that each of you earns a provisional license. This will allow you to face the dangers that continue to fester in the darkness. Proceed carefully. Look alive, Bakugo." He threw a ball toward the blonde, who caught it with one hand. "Try throwing that for me."

"Yeah, sure. Like in the fitness test."

"That's right. When you first started school, your record was 705.2 meters. Let's see if you've improved."

"Oh I get it! We're checking our progress!"

"A lot's happened to us in the last three months. Maybe he can throw it a whole mile now!" Sero and Mina spoke excitedly, watching as Bakugo stretched out his arm.

"C'mon, get it, Bakugo!" Kirishima yelled.

"You got this," Reigen said through yet another yawn, not really aware that she had even spoken.

He wound up his pitch and told everyone not to blink.

"Go to hell!"

"That was 709.6 meters."

Reigen zoned out then, lost in thought. If Bakugo hadn't improved his quirk that much since the beginning of class, there was no way in hell she could've. Sure, she had been working her ass off. But had she really made strides when it came to controlling her quirk? She had mainly been focusing on hand to hand combat, which had previously been one of her weak points. It was obvious that she had improved in that regard, but her quirk? She hadn't been training it nearly as much as she would have wanted to.

Hell, she even told Izuku that she wanted to work on her stamina. Why hadn't she?

"You've had a single semester at UA, and due to your various experiences, all of you have definitely improved. But those improvements have mostly been limited to mental prowess and technical skill. With a slight increase in stamina thrown in along the way. Your quirks really haven't grown that much stronger. Not on a fundamental level. That's why we're now going to focus on improving your powers." Shouta grinned, and Reigen furrowed her brows. Her godfather could be so dramatic. "This'll be so hard, you'll feel like you're dying. Let's hope you all survive."

Later that day, they were in a different area, all training separately to improve on their quirks.

Reigen had been spending the past couple of hours sparring with another one of the Pussycats, Tiger, a hulking man who yelled instructions and critiques faster than she could process them. While she was sparring, she was tasked with keeping a steady glow about her. In a lot of ways, it was similar to what Izuku did with his Full Cowling move. The energy that she emitted had to be at a constant, fortifying all of her body instead of a select spot like she had only recently taught herself how to do.

Needless to say, it was difficult. While it wasn't a powerful move like her quick flight or her smite move, the concentration it took was intense. Not only that, but the steady output of her energy drained her more quickly than she had expected it would.

Izuku was also training with Tiger, though he had more of his energy focused on training his flexibility and strength by himself.

"Too slow!" Tiger shouted from behind Reigen, kicking her in the back and sending her tumbling for the umpteenth time that day. She coughed, arms shaking as she stood again. She released her energy once more, getting back into her fighting stance.