FOURTEEN

A L Y S S A

"Boy you got me fucked up, now I'm getting fucked up, thinking about us fucking. Why'd you have to fuck her?"

. . .

There wasn't a lot of talking the rest of the flight.  Roman returned from the restroom and then Matteo woke up, not letting me have a chance at talking to his brother.

We're on our way to the cabin with some rented cars. I'm in the back with Matteo and Milena is in the passenger seat while her brother drives.

I can't take my eyes off Roman while he's driving. I watch his fingers grip the steering wheel and the slant of his clenched jaw as he focuses on the road.

As soon as we stepped outside of the airport, the cold weather of Canada greeted us.

I don't know why I didn't layer up as much when preparing for our flight to Vancouver, but I seriously regretted it.

Now, I'm relieved to know we're nearing the cabin so I can warm myself up.

The cabin is located high up in the mountains, between pine trees. And it's beautiful up here.

In the distance, I see we're nearing a large cabin, made out of bricks with wooden accents all over the place.

I'd imagined a cozy cabin with just enough room to fit all of us, but this cabin is a mansion.

Situated on a mountain, standing tall, is an imposing cabin. The driveway leads to a garage that's opening up for us already.

"Weren't kidding when you said it was fancy," I whisper lowly to Matteo, looking out of the window.

"I know," he sighs and says nothing more.

The house is mainly built of bricks with warm undertones, accompanied by wood to support it and give it a homey vibe.

There are a lot of windows as well, and I'm already itching to explore the rest of it.

I don't get a chance to admire it some more because we drive into the garage. We all get out and I see David driving into the garage as well, parking next to us.

We all get our suitcases and bags out of the trunks, and then I follow the others inside.

"Okay, so we all have our usual rooms here," Matteo tells me. Everyone is heading to the bedrooms they take, so I decide to explore the house later on and follow them all instead.

Going up two floors, I watch each one of them take a room for themselves and see Roman headed down to the one at the end of the hallway, which is for sure the master bedroom.

A door opens to my left, and when I turn my head, I see Matteo waiting on me to enter the room with him.

"Oh hell no," I chuckle and shake my head. "That's not happening."

"But what would my parents think?"

"Nothing, because they won't find out."

I start opening a few doors until I find a room that I like and decide I'll be sleeping there. It's at the end of the hallway and offers me a few of the mountains and the space behind the mansion.

Closing the door behind me, I take in the room in front of me. There's a double bed by the wall that's facing the window, a couch next to the window, and a desk on the other side of the room.

There's a door on the same side as the bed, and when I open it, I see it's a bathroom.

I get to my suitcase and open it, sorting through my clothes to wear something comfortable and warm.