XIV.

Words: 1036
Warnings: Family quarrels, Comfort

...

I smiled comfortingly and stroked his knuckles with my thumb, "I think it makes you more unique."

...

He watched me carefully, maybe trying to see if I was lying or if I was saying the truth. Behind his eyes, I could see all the times others shamed him for being who he was.

He squeezed my hand staring into my eyes one last time, still hoping he would find only truth in my orbs.
He lowered his head, his face was hiding from me. "Don't do that." I raised an eyebrow "What do you mean?" he sighed covering his eyes with his other hand.

"You always tell the truth, stop doing it." he paused "It makes me,, I don't know..." he glanced at me, with almost teary eyes "It's weird." he finally said.

I placed my hand on his head, caressing it calmly. "Weird?" I ask trying to understand, his head was still lowered. He didn't want me to look into his eyes.
"It's weird seeing someone always telling the truth." he admitted.

"That should be a normal thing." I explain trying to comfort the boy. "You just told me my hands make me unique." he nearly hissed "Nobody thinks that about half-bloods." I lower my head to search for his eyes. "Well then, I'm nobody." he finally raised his head watching me with a frown painted on his face.

My palm that was on his head moved to his cheek "People can be cruel Lo'ak, you just need to find the right ones." he smiled weakly closing his eyes to not let the tears fall.
"You're cruel Y/N." he chuckles "You nearly made me cry." the boy rubbed his eyes looking up.

"That's one of my talents." I say stroking his cheekbone "You should've told me that before." he laughed leaning into my touch.
I giggled seeing his reaction, and the more I looked at his face, the more he felt like someone I needed in my life.

Our conversation was interrupted by the creature under us, he didn't seem too happy with the situation. Lo'ak looked down patting the animal "Sorry man, we got a bit emotional up here." he made a sound that was similar to a huff.
Both I and Lo'ak laughed at his reaction, and Payakan almost launched us into the water.

"Okay okay! We won't do it anymore." Lo'ak tried to calm him down.

I took one last glance at the boy near me, seeing the adorable smile he always had; made me change something in me, I don't know what, but in that instant moment; all the problems in the world just dissolved and felt like they never existed.

I took his hand again and kissed the back of it, making Lo'ak turn to me with a blushing face and his ears moving rapidly "Remember what I said." I say putting his hand down.
"I will." he beamed.

...

We returned to the village pretending nothing happened and giggling to ourselves, I waved him goodbye when I saw his mother calling him.

When I made my way into my pod I could sense the atmosphere being weirder than usual, with my father and my mother sat down and looking at me with serious eyes.
"Did something happen.?" I ask sitting down, hoping that they just had a bad day and it's nothing to worry about.

"Where were you." my father asks "I was with Tsireya" I lie hoping that it's good enough to make him believe it. "I'm not joking around Y/N. Where were you." he repeats the question slowly.

I hesitated for a moment, why would he be worried about such things? Yet, I still answered. Truthfully this time "I was with one of the visitors." I whisper, but of course, he still heard it.
"I knew it." his voice was deeper and scarier than before "I don't want you around him." father says glaring at me.

"What? No. You can't force me." He smirks "Oh, but I will." I scrunch my nose in frustration "Why would I do that? Why don't you want me near him?" I question not understanding the problem.
"He smells like danger Y/N. I can feel it." he closes his eyes, now that was just bullshit.

"I won't listen to you." I look away not daring to look his way, there was silence for a moment. Pure nothings came from everyone in the pod.
Those seconds felt like minutes and those minutes felt like hours; but then my father hissed.

"And tell me: why? Did you forget again?" there it goes again, we don't trust. My father was getting to that subject once more. "Why? Because grandmother said—" father interrupted me immediately "Your grandmother is dead!" he nearly shouted.
Yes, I knew she wasn't here with us anymore but him saying that just felt.. disrespectful "You have no right to talk about her with that tone." I hiss "And you have no right to talk to your father that way." he growled showing his canines.

"I believe her words, you have to live with that." in saying that, I got up and exited the pod.
In these situations, I'd normally go to the Olo'eyktan's pod and spend the night with Tsireya but this time I made my way to the Sully's one.

I slowly walked towards the Marui where the other Na'vi's were chatting and chuckling. Tuk immediately noticed my presence, when she exclaimed my name and pointed at me the others followed.
"Y/N?" Neteyam asked looking at me and then at his brother that looked even more shocked "What are you doing here?" Lo'ak questioned hesitantly.

"Is it a problem if I stay here for a bit?" I ask shyly, almost embarrassed to be there. The oldest sibling looked at his father waiting for his consent "Of course, it's no disturb at all." Jake said signing me to sit down.

Lo'ak's ears moved happily.

I sat down next to Lo'ak and smiled at him "So; mom, dad, this is Y/N." he introduced me to his parents that greeted me as I did the same. "A friend of mine." the boy added looking at me smirking.

Sure, a friend.

...

A/N: You can call this a sort of family drama but other obstacles will come up soon, so be prepared!!
Hope you enjoyed and stay safe <33