Chapter 3: HELL IS OVER 😫 Finally!

Claire dashes out of the school the moment the bell rings. She then makes her way to the bus loop to find the correct bus to get on. 'Now where is that bus..' She thinks to herself while music blasts through her headphones. Suddenly, she feels someone pull at the hood to her bookbag, slightly stoping her from walking forward, 'Who in all of-' She thinks to herself as she pauses the song she's currently listening to, turning around to see Betsy smiling ever so 'sweetly' in her direction.

"Hello?" Claire says, with a twinge of annoyance in her voice, sliding her headphones down from cupping her ears, Betsy was already moving her mouth.

"-And we probably ride the same bus so we can look together!", Betsy says, Claire only caring the last bit of the sentence, able to put two and two together and agree to Betsy's request.

"Uh... sur-" Claire was cut off by two people grasping onto her, via the back of her shirt and her sleeve, and dashing of down the path that lead to her bus. Looking at the ones dragging her, to see an overly annoyed Zack and a slightly sweating Eren, "I was talkin' to my new friend, you guys didn't have ta drag me away like that..", Claire said as she caught up to pace with her two older friends.

"No one gives a shit about that mop you call a friend", Zack says while slowing to get onto the bus that will take the three of them home, "You need to work on your friendship identification because you suck at it", They say, earning a small 'Hey!' from Claire.

The ride to each of the stops was quite long since they were distanced a few yards from each other. Having to travel through two whole neighborhoods just to reach Claire's and her friends block. The bus ride was full of the three making jokes and casual conversation.

The bus finally reached their stop, the group and a few other children got off and headed in their different directions. Claire, Eren, and Zack, walked towards the park, after a few years the park slowly got used less and less untill only about two or three families brought their kids there. Once reaching the park they can see Eren's mom and little sister and bother. His brother was in the sandbox, his sister was playing on the swings and his mother was sitting at one of the picnic tables watching over her children.

The girl, Evangeline, glanced up noticing the three teens along with her mother. "Hey, you three, how was school?", Eren's mom asked, closing out of her Loteria game and putting her phone back into her pocket and standing to greet her second oldest son and his friends.

"It was fine mama", Eren responded, his mom's face turned almost blank as she turned her head to Zack, the teen, in response, looked the, in their point of view, small round woman, while a cold sweat ran down Eren's neck.

". . . .", Zack said nothing. They stood like that for a few seconds untill, "He was alright. . . Claire made a terrible friend. . ." Zack said, keeping a straight face, using their hands to make quotations while saying friend, ignoring the offended 'Hey! Stop saying that!' that came from Claire.

"Thank you, ellas-ellos, I'm sure you all have work to do so I'll let get that done,",the small hispanic woman turn around and gathered the two younger children, "I'll be in the house, don't stay out past 7:30", she started walking home with her two youngest children after the three made voice of understanding to her rule.

With that the three teens went to the picnic table and started on any extra work. They needed to do. Helping each other, and making extra notes.

​​​​​​​