CH8 Draw

A/N:
Seriously, guys. Y'all are amazing😭 I literally just thanked for 1k views last chapter and it already doubled. Thank youuu so so much!! ❤️❤️

Long chapter ahead (at least longer than my usual hahaha) because we hit 2k reads and I did well on my exams!☺️

_____

Yesterday went by fast... because, well-

"I may or may not have slept the whole day..." I say to Neteyam as I followed him to who knows where.

"I know. I was about to invite you for dinner but you were sound asleep." He replies.

"You're lyingg!" I laugh, pulling his tail from behind.

He abruptly turns around, caught off guard by my act.

"I would never lie to you, princess." He flirts, and a smile crept up.

We still haven't talked about our argument last morning. I'm just guessing we both want to forget—to run away from the reality that's slowly been reaching for us in the midst of everything.

I roll my eyes before moving to pull his tail again, though he manages to dodge.

"That statement in itself is a lie, my prince." I say, turning to him and making a royal curtsy.

"Yeah?" He stops walking for a bit. "Then tell me, what am I lying about?" He asks, attempting to pull my tail now.

"Your feelings for me." I seductively reply, intending for it to be taken as a joke.

He halts his movements, making him stop just right in front of me.

...

Neteyam looks at me as if I just said something horrible.

"Dude, it's a joke." I clarify, now talking in all seriousness.

"O-oh." He stutters, seemingly just coming back from reality.

"You can't like me and I can't like you. Our relationship can only reach until so much—until... until friendship. Right?" I softly smile, my eyes still in contact with his, desperately searching for answers.

"Yes, ofcourse." He smiles back before turning towards the forest again. A smile I'm not so sure can be even called one.

The rest of the walk was filled with the aural environment's silence.

You know, I'm starting to see a pattern here. We'd always end up ruining each other's moods—Or correction, I always end up ruining our moods.

I shrug to myself at the thought.

I guess we're just not meant for each other.

"We're here," Neteyam utters before stopping at an area.

There was what seemed like a huge circle of just grass and around it surrounded tall trees. The trees had a tint of small red painted circles—like a target. However, those "targets" were a little worn out, like they had been hit many times precisely at the area. Among these, we stood right in the middle of it.

I didn't even notice that Neteyam got a bow and arrow when I was too enthralled by the place. I mean- it looked like the perfect training site.