CH24 Operation Flight (Part 2)

I have an archery set with me and forced sanguine to help me finally do this shit. Am I gonna be fucked? Probably. With no one else but myself to fight, my chances are rolling on a good 50%. I may have the skills to fight however being outnumbered is another story.

I warily enter the center of hell's gate and searched the area for the tent hoping that it's still where it was last time.

And thank god, it's still there. Atleast the heavens didn't make this situation any harder for me. After all, Zade could've moved Neteyam's location since he knows that I'm knowledgeable of his captivity. I guess he trusts the guards on standby to withstand any tricks I try.

The whole center was dimly lit since it's practically the time to sleep for everyone. Yes, they still conserve energy here. But, there were still a few soldiers roaming around the area to patrol. I squint my eyes to see further despite the surrounding darkness. One...two...four. There were approximately 4 soldiers patroling—all of them armed with guns and on guard.

If I'll ever have any chance to win this, it'll be to fight silently in order to not draw any suspicion. I mean, I'm actually gonna be fucked if they point their firearms at me and fire them at once while I only have a stupid arrow that I've barely even used or have any longterm experience with. The only time I really got to wield the said weapon was during the times I went with Neteyam to fight the war against humans. Otherwise, I can't really say that I'm excellent; I'm just, uh, decent.

I slowly and quietly walked to one of the soldiers, careful for him to not see me. I put my arm in the bow letting it rest on my shoulders, while I put the sling of the bag of arrows over my other shoulder.

These arrows are limited so I'm going to minimize its use as much as I can—especially for long range shots. For now, as long as I can get close to the opponent, I'll make do with hand-to-hand combat. I'm better at it anyway.

When I'm right behind one of the soldiers and no one's looking, I cover their mouth with my hand while I used my other hand to choke them. When they're unconscious, I put their body down as quiet as I can and dragged them on an unguarded place.

The same routine was done to the next guy. After bringing the second guy's body down, I now walked towards the third guy. Although as I did, the fourth soldier suddenly spoke.

"Shit! Man down! I found one unconscious!" He said to which only the third guy heard.

Giving them both no time to react and call for backup, I quickly grabbed my bow and shot the two with my arrow making the four men in the area all knocked down.

I let out a sigh of relief, finally walking normally as there were no one else in the area outside the tent. I can only guess that the last struggle left is inside the tent. Quickly, I searched one of the bodies of the unconscious soldiers to grab another weapon just in case and hogged a gun for myself.

My heart was pounding as I stood outside the tent's entrance. Just a few feet from me lies Neteyam. If I ever do free him from this area, our next problem would be getting out of the heavily secured gate that I don't even have any idea on how I'll be able to get through yet. I'll just have to figure something out when the time comes.

Finally, I bust inside the tent, pointing my gun at the soldier guarding the place. Oddly, there was only one soldier there, sitting on a stool with his back facing me.

What? Is he asleep?

Huh. Easy enough to kill.

I pull the trigger in hopes of hitting the person. However, the soldier suddenly moves to the side, my bullet not hitting the soldier but instead it grazes Neteyam's ear who was behind him on his knees, tied up, and beaten. I see Neteyam wince in pain and furrow his brows at my presence.