4 - 𝓝

—🍬🦇—

~

Within a few weeks, Kevin and Streber became closer.

Every night after work, Kevin would roll up to the haunted house to deliver three bags of candy to Streber and his worthy colleagues, Ethan and Aria.

They texted a lot too. They even found out about each other's gaming interests, which once lead to an all-night game of Doors on Roblox.

Kevin hated himself the next morning.

Their newfound friendship had lots of benefits, especially for Kevin. He wouldn't turn up to work as groggily as he used to, he actually seemed more joyful in the workplace, Rick has noticed.

Rick has a different seeing of Kevin and Streber's 'friendship', although.

He knew something was up. He knew by the way Kevin would gaze at his phone whilst texting Streber, or even just talking about him he would notice the bright hue that would spread across his cheeks.

And Kevin talked about Streber a lot.

Rick didn't say anything, although. He knew how sensitive Kevin was, and how confused and frustrated he would get. As a gay man himself, Rick knows how hard liking another male is to accept at first.

So, being a wise man, he had a plan. He was going to discuss these cases with someone he knew would understand and possibly even help.

~

"I'm off early today, Kevin."

"Awh, really? You lucky bastard. When are you due to finish?" 

"Right now." 

Kevin raised a brow. "Right now?? Why didn't you tell me earlier??"

Rick grabbed his coat, pulling it on and giving Kevin a sorrowful look. "Yeah, sorry, should've told you earlier." 

Kevin frowned, crossing his arms. "Now I have to deal with those candy-hungry gremlins called children myself."

Rick chuckled, opening the main entrance of the candy store to leave. "You'll be fine, I'm sure."

"What are you even gonna do for the rest of the day, anyway?"

This question caught the large man off-guard. He cleared his throat a bit, before responding. "That's...that's for me to decide. Alright, bye now."

He quickly made his farewell, before scattering away quickly. Kevin was left in behind his counter, confused.

~

As Rick turned the final turn to his destination, it came into sight. The huge movie theatre.

Not just any movie theatre. The movie theatre his special one worked at.

He approached the building casually, seeing the familiar puffy-dirty-blondie in his glass ticket booth.

Rick, leaning his arm on the glass, smiled smugly at the man, catching his attention and making him smile.