6 - 𝓘

TW: REFERENCES TO SA

—🍬🦇—

~

"Morning, Kevin."

"Morning, Rick."

Kevin entered the candy store, to find that Rick was already up and at it. He must've opened the place up.

He took his signature place behind the counter and plopped a coin or two into the cash register, before grabbing a caramel chocolate bar from one of the selections.

Nutritious breakfast.

"You didn't respond to any of my texts last night. This place was left open overnight, I only realised this morning. Where'd you go?" Rick asked him, emerging from the storage room.

Kevin facepalmed when he remembered that he indeed did not come back to close CandyClub up after the events of the previous night. That's gonna be fun to explain to his manager.

"Streber almost got killed by these three assholes, I helped him get back to his place and made him hot cocoa." Kevin told him.

"Ohhh, you were with Streber?" Rick was suddenly incredibly intrigued in this conversation. "Tell me more."

"I just told you all that is for knowing." Kevin raised one of his brows.

"You didn't make out or anything, did you?"

"Rick!! What the fuck??" The candyman's face suddenly burned up a violent shade of red. "Why would you even think that??"

Rick just chuckled. "I would have to be blind to not see what's between you both."

"..wh-what do you mean?"

"You obviously like him, Kevin." the larger man rolled his eyes. "you've been practically glued to the guy. And who gives some random guy free candy every night?"

"The candy isn't JUST for Streber, Rick." Kevin folded his arms.

"It's a favour for Streber, though."

"I no longer want to be part of this conversation." Kevin turned around, busying himself to assorting liquorice laces. "Did you re-fill the gumball machine?"

"So it's true, then?" 

"Rick!! Re-fill the goddamn gumball machine!!"

"I'll do it if you answer my question."

Kevin glared at his colleague, tapping his foot impatiently.

The staring contest was interrupted when three familiar figures crashed through the doorway.

Three children. Around about 13 or 14 years old. They were instantly recognisable.

"Kevin!!" Ross called out the name of his older brother breathlessly.

Kevin frowned. He knew instantly that something was wrong.