The Artifact in a Cave

To their extent of their journey, the group left the laboratory behind them. Vaeludar's birthplace. The origin of his sources of power Vaeludar left behind to look toward the future and the future was to find a cave with an armor artifact in it.

The message written by Belverda was to the west, and they spent two hours walking to the west. Marina could feel the hybrid being discouraged from the message his mother left behind, and she properly understood what he was going through. She was a runt of her species, and he is the child of two runts from two different species. She learned the human life and how it evolves around royalty and nobility, the richest people who control the trade routes around Shimabellia.

Marina learned about human civilizations from Sora during her time with her and Geraldus. She understood how human life works compared to a siren's life, which was spent all her life in a cave her kin are calling a "cove" instead of a cave.

A complicated way of life, but there was understanding how human life is meant to be. The peasants grow the food, merchants buy the food to deliver to the nobles and royals or others across Shimabellia, and it is an endless cycle to grow and crop and give to others who don't crop their own food.

It was bitter as the changing of seasons as autumn turns into winter. The weather cools and freezes and people have to find ways to cope with the cold harsh snow that keeps the crops from growing. And summer was thought to be worse as winter, too hot for humans and heat can dry up drops if a drought were to come.

Sirens didn't have the conflict of human life, and she had no idea human life would have evolved to a society where people may fight over land to survive because their own people are starving or a person to stricken by power, they want to conquer more than what they have been have under their control.

But sometimes human life being few in numbers may never survive through summer or winter. However, exceptions can be made. Marina was with a group of people of different species. A dwarf, an elf, an Amazon, a demihuman, and a hybrid.

Herself, a siren, walked among a group of strangers of different origins with one goal in mind: the future of their lives and everyone. Such selfless people knowing death can be around lingering around a hill, a mountain, or a pebble. Dye trying to save people or die successfully, is what Marina thought they were doing.

Strong resolve they carry, and she must carry with her, too. Beforehand, she was reluctant to make a kill. Since the hours passing after nearly getting killed in a mob, an inner monster, perhaps her siren, began to awaken, and she felt the need to kill the king.

To her end, it was now the beginning of a new cycle now she viewed humanity. For someone to have experienced a horror, a human could have been traumatized for life or a few days. For a siren, runts even can have a late awakening. She was feeling her siren's instincts finally awakening, but she has no taste for human blood. She only wanted to kill, not to eat a human.

"There's the cave," Kelda called out.

His voice made Marina as she was pondered in deep thought. They walked for a long time, and Marina wasn't even paying attention it only of a few steps away from the laboratory. She saw the group stopping at a large structure not a house or a building, but it was of stone like a decayed skull.

Black trees and wilted weeds overlapped in a full circle to make a mound. Futile soil and grey clay folded er and over, a dark tunnel stretched into the mound and spiraled from four different corners to a single point to the top like a pyramid.

Two serpent statues without heads guarded the tunnel as the heads laid in a poor manner from in the gravity of time or someone used a hammer to carve the heads from the slivering bodies of the statues.