Chapter 1: Starting Somewhere New

Ugh, why did we have to move? Amity thought. "Amity dear, please hurry up or we won't be able to settle in on time," her mother called from downstairs. "Coming mother," she responded grabbing her bag from her desk. She walked out of her room, turning around to take one last look at it. She sighed and made her way downstairs where her mother was putting the house keys in her purse and her father was bringing their luggage out. "Alright, are you ready?" Her mother asked. "Why do we have to move? I was happy here," Amity complained. "Well we are moving because your father and I have to deal with business there."

Even though moving to a new place for a fresh start, it was even worse, she's attending a new school and she was gonna be the new kid all over again. The thought of it made her sick to her stomach, nearly throwing up her frosted flakes she ate earlier this morning. Oh well maybe it could be a good a fresh start,  maybe make new friends who know nothing about me. Nothing about all the things I've done in Cameron High, nothing. No one will know. "Mittens hurry up please, do you not want to say goodbye to Ryan?" Her mother called from in the car. "Sorry," she apologized.

Ryan...the only guy that cared about me. The boy who I cared about. My first boyfriend, first lover. The most painful thing for me to leave behind, was him. He was the only person other than my siblings that cares about me. Leaving him was gonna be painful. She got in the car, her father locking up the house as the landlord wished them goodbye and a fair well. Taking one last look of her school as they passed by, the shops and places she loved to go to. Her childhood playground that was filled with children playing, she was miss all of it.

Arriving at Ryan's house, she say his mother who was just planting in the front yard. "Morning Mrs. Dykson, how are you?" Amity greeted. Mrs. Dykson turned around to see Amity walking towards her. "Morning Amity, what bring you here this lovely morning?" She asked. "Oh? Ryan didn't tell you?" Amity questioned back. "No, I don't recall him telling us anything else but how beautiful you are every minute," Mrs. Dykson joked. Amity's cheeks were brushed red at what she was told. "Well, I'm sad to say but I'm moving out of the state." Mrs. Dykson's eyes widen when she heard what the mint-haired girl had said.

"Oh dearie, we are going to miss you very much but where are you guys moving?" She asked. "We're moving to Connecticut," She answered. At that time, Ryan opened the door seeing Amity there. "Amity! You're here. W-what are you doing here?" He spoke. "I-did you forget?" She asked. "Forget what?" She just sighed at him. "I came here to say goodbye. I'm moving today like I told you a week ago." His eyes widen at her then embraced her into a tight hug. "I'm gonna miss you so much," he said nuzzling his head into Amity's neck.

"I'm gonna miss you to, Ryan. Promise will call every day when we're free?" He gave her a kiss on the forehead, "promise." They pulled into another hug before getting cut off by her parents, "Mittens, let's go." They pulled away and Amity said her farewells to them as they took off. Tears starting to form in her eyes, not really wanting to go but she had no choice but to follow her parents. She wasn't old enough to live on her own even if she tried. Wiping her tears away she looked out of the window to distract herself. The sun shinning upon everyone, making the day bright and warm.

Knowing that all her stuff including their cars, clothing and everything else was already at her new house. She put in her earpiece, opened Spotify and clicked on her playlist. She pressed play and songs started playing, eventually drifting off to sleep.

~𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙: 𝙰𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎~

Amity woke up after 3 hours of sitting in the car, arriving at her new house in Connecticut. It was a manor but slightly similar to her old one back in Boston. This one had a larger yard with a fountain near the entrance. She entered the manor, a hall into room that had pictures along the walls, stairs ahead of her. The chandelier hanging from the ceiling of the room of the hallway that had rooms connected to other rooms like the living room. Walking further down the hall was 2 more doors. Entering the right side was the kitchen another door that lead outside. On the left of the main hall had a huge white door, opening it, it looked like it was her father's office.

Going up to find her room to awhile when she finally found it. It was 2 rooms to the right of the stairs. She entered seeing all her stuff that she had decided to bring was already in place. Her bed was by the wall like how she always liked it. She placed her bag down on her bed and took out a few things. She placed her phone on her nightstand , leaving it to charge as she unpack a few things. She took out a photo of her and Ryan that was in a frame and stared at it for awhile. She smiled at it then placed it on her nightstand. She took out her other stuff like her toiletries, some clothes and her family photo. Putting the photo on her dresser.

She went to a door and opened it to see it was a bathroom. She picked up another bag that she brought in, smaller than the one she placed her clothes in. Inside were things she liked to decorate her room with, especially with fairy lights. She hung around her room then she took out a few glow-in-the-dark  stickers shaped like a moon and few stars that was smaller than it. She knew it was childish to still have these, but she loved looking at them every time before bed. She stuck it on her ceilings above her bed and some on the wall.

She heard a knock on her door, "Come in." Her mother walked in looking around in her room. "I see you've already started decorating your room. Well I just came to tell you that we'll be out for some work, why don't you explore around the place? Maybe make some friends, but pick the ones that up to our grade please?" her mother spoke. Amity turned around , "I could stretch my legs for a bit. Maybe I'll stop by a few places to have a nice afternoon snack." Her mother nodded at her, "alright. But be careful mittens, we don't want you getting lost. Me and your father will be leaving now. Take care darling," her mother kissed her forehead as she left the room.

She went to the full length mirror in her bathroom the looked at her outfit, deciding to change or not. After some thought, decided not to since she's pretty new around the place. She got out and picked up her bag, phone and earpiece. Checking herself in the mirror one last time then got out of her room and went downstairs. She asked one of the maid to fetch her car keys. After getting it she got in her white BMW and started it. Waiting for the engine to heat up a little bit she took out her phone and searched for the nearest place to pass time for a few minutes or hour.

The closes being a 4.7 stars coffee shop that was only down the street, with that she drove to the place.