Chapter 37

Life is crazy

Life is crazy. Since the New Year, I've been run off my feet with work, grew ill with a cough and cold, recovered, and have since taken a vacation to Paris, returning the day before Jimin and Hobi flew in. <yeah, I know.

It's taking too long to finish this story, and I can't bear it. So, here's the next two chapters.

Two more to go after this.

Sorry, not sorry for the piecemeal posts :D

*

'I've grown rather fond of Sook's beach house.'

Buried beneath multiple t-shirts, an oversized hoodie and fleece blanket, Yunhee momentarily forgot the vista she'd been admiring to shoot Jimin a suspicious glare. 'You're not buying my grandma's property, Park. It belongs to her.'

'I never said I wanted to!' Jimin chortled while tugging her closer.

Daylight was nearly upon them, the flickering stars and neighbourhood lights diminishing beneath the sun as they sat on an apartment rooftop in Daechi. Tae had never brought her up here, but if their old dwelling back home was anything like this, she could sort of see why.

Mildewy tables and frost-bitten chairs. Broken fairy lights and dried out plants. A rusty water tank in the corner. The only saving grace was the magical stone sitting beside the open hatch at the top.

It was almost time to go home.

'We should definitely visit in the summer with the kids, though.'

Yunhee's gaze flickered back to Jimin, her glassy eyes exaggeratingly wide as she stuck two fingers into her mouth and pretended to gag.

The gasp that left Jimin's mouth was equally exaggerated. 'You don't want kids?'

Scrunching her button nose, Yunhee rested her temple against his collarbone and considered his question while gazing across the city.

Like every woman before her, she'd thought about having children, but unlike most, she'd never pined to be a mother.

If it happened, it happened.

There was a sincerity in Jimin's light-hearted probing, though, one that made Yunhee's stomach flip-flop as he stared at her with those ever caring, brown eyes.

Since waking up from a chloroform induced coma in his club and growing fond of the rum bugger while trapped in a parallel universe, she'd often imagined a bucketload of miniature rum buggers running amok inside the mansion.

Two months later, however, Yunhee wasn't sure if the concept melted her heart, or made her want to apply for a hysterectomy.

Was it selfish to bring offspring into what would be a hazardous life? Did she want to put her own kin in harm's way? Not four hours ago, she'd stabbed a pervert in the abdomen to protect Tae.