Chapter 7 - Charlotte

A week has passed since I visited the charming lake with lady Alexandra. A week has passed since I almost did something no queen should ever do. Something so unforgivable the consequences of those actions are not to be thought of. And a week has passed since Alexandra has supposedly fallen ill.

After we left the safest space in the depths of the forest we found the guards rather quickly as they started to look for us due to the pouring rainfall. The sky opened up and showered us with months worth of water for bathing.

The downpour also meant they had not questioned our drenched attires. No one could question it thanks to the weather. Only we knew the truth to why our clothing had gotten wet mere moments before the clouds decided to bless us with its presence.

When we arrived back at the palace, Alexandra quickly slid out of her saddle and excused herself with a bow, basically running inside to hide herself from me.

And since that moment she has not shown herself in front of me.

The next morning when Alice came inside my chamber to help me prepare for the day, she informed me that Alexandra fell ill from the cold and she apologised if she is absent from any event in the near future because apparently, it was a very bad reaction to the England rather horrible climate.

I not only feel guilty for her state but also disappointed and disgusted with myself for what happened in the lake. Or what has almost happened.

Alexandra wasn't the only person who was shocked when she pushed me away from her. After she ran out of the water I understood what the situation might have been leading towards and it was possibly the most shocking moment of my life

Never have I ever gotten into such a situation. I never felt tempted to do something I shouldn't. Especially something of this extent.

Yes, I knew women were beautiful and majestic when they pulled themselves together for certain occasions. However, I have never felt the way I did with her at that moment. The pull that swirled inside of my body with the force of a dozen horses pulling a carriage and I wasn't even able to fully conclude what had happened until it was almost too late to back away from the stunning lady.

If it were to happen with a gentleman I would be less astounded than when it came to it happening with a woman. Because that would be far more scandalous than if I were to lean in towards a man.

We didn't kiss but it nearly happened. Something buried well deep inside of me knew those were the intentions of my actions. And judging by how rapidly lady Alexandra reacted to it, it seemed she knew the same I did and I was glad she stepped away early enough.

But the look on her face when she pushed me away...I will never be able to forget how disgusted she looked when she looked at me. It couldn't have been clearer how she felt at the thought of getting so intimate with me.

Not that I minded. Or rather not that I minded too much. We are two women who have gotten carried away during a vulnerable second.

And now it has been a full week since we got back from the forest and she still laid in her bed every day, not coming out. Not even for food as her maid brought everything up to her.

I knew her family had visited her. Her brother informed me of her state when we were in town together, having a public picnic and then visiting my tailor. It was mainly to discover more about him. You can tell a lot about a person by the food they choose to eat and the colours they fancy the most. I have made quite a list of qualities people who like certain colours possess.

He seemed to know a lot about what goes well with what colour and decided on an emerald green with golden details. Didn't miss to point out it will look great in contrast with my hair.