Chapter 28 - Alexandra

Everything was all right to a certain extent the few days after the wedding night. Or after our way of consummating a marriage.

Just not ours exactly.

Neither of us pushes too hard to explore our newly discovered pleasures but at the same time, neither of us can keep our hands to ourselves behind the walls of my chamber. Our chamber. Whatever it means when we share the bed every night and live through moments a newlyweds do. The acts we perform usually happen when the moment is right and our bodies start to function like two magnets.

Although every moment feels right with her.

And now the blissful part of quietness is over and another awful time is here.

That being the weeks of honeymoon, along with a family stay at Charlotte's castle in the countryside.

Charlotte made her way there in a royal carriage over a week and some time ago with Nicholas and they are supposed to act like other couples traditionally do, trying to produce an heir to the throne in the first few days of marriage.

The three of us have come to an agreement where they will pretend at least two times to have joyous time with each other by laughing, grunting and moaning so the guards would hear and spread the gossip of their queen having lost her virtue to man, providing proof of an heir being in making.

It still doesn't make it any less sickening when I just think about the two of them but I know in order to make their union believable they have to do everything it takes to make everyone believe it. Including faking a bedding spree together.

To be frank, I know they don't have any feelings together so it might be even quite hilarious to be doing that. If it were me in the same situation, if Charlotte had a brother and I had to wed him, I would burst out laughing in the middle of it and make everyone think we were mad. Or perhaps they would think we were a happily married pair who have fun while enjoying intimacy.

So after days of not seeing either of them, we are finally on our way towards them to spend the two weeks with them and the family, including me, my mother, Princess Anna and her family and Queen Mother Grace. I am sharing a carriage with the two older ladies while Princess Anna and her husband have their own.

"What do you think, Grace? Will there be any grandchildren coming our way soon?" My mother wiggles her eyebrows at the other lady, a mischievous smile on her face. I almost choke on nothing at her audacity to do that at a former queen.

"Time will only tell. If Charlotte starts to get chubbier my first suspicion will be they have accomplished to conceive somewhere during their new union," Her Majesty replies, the same kind of smile filling her face. Totally unbothered by my mother's bluntness as she gives her the same exact energy.

"Charlotte seems to have bearable hips-"

"Mamá!" I stop my mother, my eyes wide as I stare at her. "You don't talk about a queen in that way." Charlotte does have an amazing figure to love on but hearing it from my mother is not something I want.

"I am simply speaking the truth, kóri." She shrugs, looking back at Her Majesty. "I am certain the two of them are very biologically compatible."

Rolling my eyes, I focus my gaze out of the window to look at the beauty of the countryside while the two other ladies keep gushing about having a grandchild, or in Grace's case - more grandchildren.

The typical talks two mothers of a wed couple apparently have.

It isn't until we arrive at our destination that they quiet down and my mother admires the beauty of another historical building in possession of the British royal family. It isn't as large as the London palace but compared to our mansion in Greece it is still much bigger. Thinking about how our home is considered an outstanding place I want to show everyone back in Greece this monstrosity and show them we aren't too wealthy.