Chapter 21 - Alexandra

You might need some tissues, my dear readers;)

***

Wedding preparations for my brother and Charlotte have been put in full motion ever since the day they were promised to each other. Almost a fortnight since then has passed and it is scary to say the least.

Seeing maids fuss about how beautiful it will be, servants going to the city for any decoration samples, Charlotte discussing details every day with the planner who has been working for almost every hour of every day so he doesn't mess anything up for the future royal couple.

It has become so frequent the only time we get to see each other is at night with only us, two souls dancing together in the master bedchamber.

Most of the time Charlotte is too tired and doesn't have any energy left in her so we stay lying on her large bed, tangled in each other's arms and we talk until she drifts off. I then stay admiring her for another hour before I sneak out of there in the early hours of the morning so her maid wouldn't come in and find me sleeping beside her.

I have made it to craving her presence with me for as long as I can. Not only talking but also our bodies touching in some form. I still am not comfortable with her touching me on the more intimate areas like my chest unless it's not her fingers tracing my body. I find that soothing. Like when her head lays on my chest, arms wrapped around me. Or the other way around and her hands trailing across my upper back to comfort me.

The time of me allowing something a lot more intense is nearing. I can feel it in my core that the uneasiness is backing away. Because each time the flame between us dances with more intensity during those sessions where my lips are on hers and the feeling between my legs intensifies with it. When she lets out a sigh of pleasure if her core accidentally brushes against my thigh if I am sitting beneath her.

I want to give her more of that feeling and if I don't decide to do it soon then I will do something stupid. For example I might try to hold her hand in front of my family.

In front of my brother who still doesn't know his betrothed meets with me at midnight.

Forcing the thought out of my mind, I focus on the perfect woman at the head of the table who is just wiping at her mouth with a napkin after she finishes her meal.

Today she finally has some free time after days of organising and I asked her last night if she wanted to come with me to the lake again. We both need a break from the palace. And I am sure my brother will enjoy his alone time too.

"If you can excuse me I need to prepare myself for our horse ride," she announces and all of my family stands up giving her a curtsy. "I hope you enjoy your day without the wedding preparations, Nicholas."

"I miss it already," my brother laughs as he takes her hand in his and kisses the back of it. "The sooner it is all finalised, the better."

Charlotte gulps at the eye contact he gives her and smiles at him before she walks out of the room while I glare at the back of my brother's head.

"Make sure you take her somewhere peaceful, Alexandra. She seemed stressed for the past few days so you chose the perfect moment to put the idea of a ride on the table," my brother turns to me and gives me a slight nod.

"Well we both like these lands so I thought she might like to go out with or without me." I shrug my shoulders, pretending that this wasn't the most thrilling day I will have because I get to spend alone time with her outside of the palace after weeks of being trapped inside for our meetings. She couldn't even come to the music room due to how occupied she has been with the wedding.