Chapter 6

Tuesday rolled around quickly and Lizzie was helping me get ready for my date with Chris. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" She glared at me, "You are NOT backing out." "I never said I was! Just that...maybe I'm rushing into this...I mean we've only been broken up for like a month." She walked over to me and put her hands on my shoulders, "It's just a date. It's good to get out there again. It's not like you have to run away and get married." I smiled at her and walked into my closet, looking for the perfect outfit.

"What do you think?" I walked out of my closet and twirled in front of Lizzie. "I think you're going to give him a heart attack in that dress...you look...WOW! Babe when he sees you in this, he is going to want to take it off." I groaned and looked at myself in my full length mirror. "As much as I would probably like that...it's still probably too soon." Lizzie walked up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist, placing her head on my shoulder. "I've been working with Chris a lot recently and I promise he wouldn't do anything you aren't comfortable with." "I know he won't...I'm just nervous. I haven't dated anyone other than Glen in over 3 years." I sighed and walked back into my closet to grab a pair of black heels.

I walk back out and sit down on the couch in my bedroom, putting on my heels

I walk back out and sit down on the couch in my bedroom, putting on my heels. I take a deep breath and pull out my phone, checking the time. 6:30. Chris will be here soon. I walk out of my room and into my living room where I find Lizzie eating a slice of leftover pizza. "God why am I so nervous!" I pace around my living room as Liz watches me walk back and forth. "You'll be fine! At the bar the other night you both were in another world, talking for like an hour. Plus, he hasn't stopped talking about you since he met you. Just be yourself." "I need a shot." I swiftly make my way to my bar and pour myself a shot of vodka. I quickly shoot it back and hear a soft knock on my door.

I make my way towards the door and open it to see Chris standing in a black shirt and gray slacks with a bouquet of sunflowers.

"Wow...Reese, you look great." I blush, "Thank you. You look great too." He pushes the flowers towards me, "these are for you." I smile and take them from him.

"Lizzie tell you these were my favorite?" I smirk at him and he smiled sheepishly, "maybe..." I laugh and bring them up to my nose.

Lizzie walks up behind me, pulling the flowers from my hands and pushing me forward, "I'll swap these out with the ones currently in the vase. Have funnnnn." Chris extends his hand out to me and I take it, letting him lead me out towards the elevator.