Chapter 55

Reese's POV

"See I told you I would be planning a December wedding." Lizzie said as we sat around my coffee table with dozens of wedding plans. Dodger was comfortable laying next to me with his head resting in my lap. I rolled my eyes and looked at the folder of wedding venues in New York or Massachusetts that she had put together. Lizzie came down for a weekend, solely for wedding planning. She was a little over enthusiastic. It was only March now, but she was right...if we wanted a good venue for December, we had to choose soon.

"The one on top is Chris's favorite, right under it is mine, then his mom's and Blake's. They chose the same one."

I looked through the pages, going to Lisa and Blake's pick first. The Plaza hotel. I smiled and looked at the page. There was a small sticky note on the back.

Reese,

You should get your fairytale wedding in New York. Blake said you always wanted a wedding at the Plaza...Boston is beautiful and I know Chris will be stubborn but don't let him influence you into getting married here, we can get on a plane for gosh sake!

Lisa & Blake

I smiled as I read the note. I loved them both so much. "I think I'm leaning towards The Plaza." I said. Lizzie smiled at me. "I knew you would like their choice. You always wanted to get married there."

"I mean these are gorgeous.." I flipped to Chris's favorite venue and then Lizzie's. "But it's not The Plaza. I know. How about we go to New York next weekend and see what they have in person? I can make an appointment." I nodded and Lizzie smiled. "Chris, Lisa, Blake in addition to you and I?" I nodded again and she took the binder of venues from me. She then passed me a separate binder of save the dates and wedding invites. "Okay, save the dates. Once we get a date at The Plaza-" "If. They might not have any openings. You know how hard it is to book a date there, especially with December being only 9 months away." I cut her off and sighed. I didn't want to get my hopes up in case they didn't have any days in December available. "Yea but a celebrity wedding with A-list attendance...I'm sure they will accommodate. Now save the date wedding invites."

I flipped through the binder until I came across adorable save the date wedding invitations. They were dreamy and elegant looking. They were white with a lilac watercolor design. I couldn't think of anything more perfect. Especially since Blake has already decided her dress will be purple. Therefore, the bridesmaid dresses will be purple. Sisters. So pushy.

"That is one of my absolute favorites

"That is one of my absolute favorites..." Lizzie said, looking over my shoulder. "Do you want to ask Chris?" "No. He doesn't care as long as I show up." Lizzie and I laughed and she made a note that this was the save the date that we would have made. "I'm thinking of a similar formal wedding reception invitation as well?" We flipped through the binder and came across a similar purple watercolor reception invitation.

She marked it and we continued looking through various binders picking out possible flowers, china, and of course, looking at wedding dresses.

"We'll go dress shopping in New York?" Lizzie asked. "Yea. I have to choose a dress now before I gain all this baby weight..." Lizzie's brows raised. "Shit. I forgot about that. You'll have to have it fitted and tailored after you give birth." I nodded and groaned. "That's going to be a pain in the ass." "Yea, so will giving birth." "Don't remind me." I groaned again and heard the front door open and close. Soon Chris came into view and leaned over the couch to give me a kiss. "So this looks fun." He motioned to the obvious mess on our coffee table before walking to the kitchen to grab a water.

"Why are you so sweaty?" Lizzie asked, making a disgusted face. "I went for a run." Chris shrugged and plopped down on the chair in the living room. Lizzie and I looked at one another briefly. "Gross." We replied at the same time. We both hated running. Chris rolled his eyes and looked at me. "Made any progress?"

"Yea. A lot actually. We picked out save the dates, reception invites, a possible venue..."

"Where?"

"The Plaza." I replied. He made a face and Lizzie rolled her eyes. "Ree, that's New York baby...I thought we wanted to look in Boston." "No. You wanted to look in Boston. Blake, Lisa, and I like the Plaza. We're going to visit next weekend so suck it up." He groaned again and Dodger barked at him. "Okay fine." He glared at Dodger who placed his head back on my legs. "I've literally lost him to you." Chris laughed and stood up, giving me another kiss. "He's only attached to me because of the baby...I think once I have this baby, he won't care about either of us." I laughed.

"Book the flight to New York with my credit card." Chris said as he walked towards the bedroom to shower. "I'm going to memorize your card number!" Lizzie yelled after him. "Please don't! You have enough money in your own bank account!" Chris yelled back. I looked at Lizzie and laughed.

The rest of the day was filled with Chris watching sports, Lizzie annoying him, and lots of preemptive wedding planning. I was exhausted. Lizzie had made an appointment at The Plaza and Kleinfelds for the upcoming Saturday while I booked a private jet for us to get back to New York with Chris's family. His mom, sisters, and Scott would be coming along as well to assist in wedding dress shopping.

I was now half asleep, leaning on Chris while Lizzie was cuddling with Dodger. "Have you guys thought of any names? Boy or girl? You'll find out soon right?"

"In two weeks and no we have not thought about names. I'm more concerned with needing to get my Met Gala dress altered because I'll be almost 5 months pregnant." I said. "The Gucci one?" I nodded and sighed. "I really liked that dress too...now I'll just look fat in it." I mumbled. "Reese, you won't look fat. You'll just look like you're pregnant. That's completely normal." I groaned and buried my head in his chest. "Fat." I mumbled. I just knew Chris was rolling his eyes at me as he rubbed my back. "Won't the entire world know you're pregnant after that?" I nodded again. "That's the point. I'm pulling a Blake Lively and showing up pregnant to a red carpet."

"Not just any red carpet either, The Met Gala red carpet..." Chris said. He was slightly nervous about the whole thing. He had never been to The Met Gala before and attending with me would be completely new. Add in the pregnancy and the engagement plus the fact he hates red carpets......yea, he was going to need like a whole xanax prior.

"That does seem like the Lively way of doing things. Elaine did that too with both of you, didn't she?" I nodded again. My mom loved making an entrance. When she was pregnant with Blake she made her pregnancy debut on the Oscars red carpet. While she was pregnant with me she made her pregnancy debut at Cannes. Our mom loved the drama of revealing things like that. Blake did too.

I sent off a text to my stylist Maya, updating her on the details of looking for a wedding dress and the Gucci dress. She informed me that she would meet me in New York and we would get the dress altered with the Gucci team there. I zoned out as Lizzie and Chris started talking about the next upcoming Marvel film for her and quickly fell asleep.

A/N: So my power is out at my apartment bc of a big storm so I've decided update & work on this story bc I can't watch Love Island & my data barely even works 🤪😂