We Go Way Back, Chapter Two - Devoted

(Grian's POV)

Grian slowly roused, groaning. Everything felt sore. Eventually he noticed that his eyes were closed. Opening them, light flooded his vision. He closed them again briefly, before they adjusted. He gasped as he remembered what had happened.

Taurtis...

He pushed himself up to a sitting position, despite not knowing he was laying down in the first place. It felt like his hands were resisting him... which would make sense, considering Grian loved resisting anything he could. He glanced down to see that his hands were chained to the ground, locked at the base of the chains, there was no way out. Grian's throat felt sore. How long had he been here?

Taking in his surroundings, it looked like a normal desert village house. It struck Grian as odd. If he were to kidnap someone, he would make some sort of bunker or... infinity room... He was trying not to panic...

"He... hello?" His voice was weak. There was no response... "Anyone?" He called, his voice getting stronger. No answer. He was alone... completely alone.

Grian's mind started to wander. Where had Taurtis put Pearl, Impulse and Scar? He hoped they were together at least.

Had Mumbo gotten away? Did he find help? Would he ever be found in some random house? He wasn't even sure if he was on Hermitcraft anymore.

He wished this was just some twisted nightmare, but this was real.

A clicking noise made Grian jerk his gaze toward the door. It sounded like a lock. Suddenly the door handle tilted, and the door cracked open.

(Impulse's POV)

Panic pumped through Impulse's veins as he regained consciousness. He jolted up to his feet and thrust his hands into a fighting position. His eyes scanned the surrounding area. He relaxed slightly when he saw a familiar face. "Pearl?" Impulse asked, his voice rough. When she didn't wake, he walked closer.

They were in a larger version of a plains village house, except there were no windows, and instead of a door, there were iron bars with a lock.

"Pearl!" Impulse said louder. She still didn't rouse. Impulse reached down and grabbed her shoulder, shaking it gently. "Pearl, wake up!" He yelled.

Her eyes flew open, she thrust forward, making Impulse jump. She lunged at Impulse, slapping him in the face. "Ow!" He whined, putting a hand where she had hit him.

"Impulse?" She asked, realizing that it was her friend from Boatem. "That hurt." Impulse huffed. "Sorry!" She exclaimed. "It's fine." He muttered.

"Where are we?" She changed the subject. "I dont know!" Impulse exclaimed. Pearl's eyes widened. "Do you think Taurtis got Grian!?" She asked, her voice shaking. "Do you think he got Scar and Mumbo!?" She was obviously panicking. "I hope not." Impulse said.

Impulse was also nervous, but he was trying to stay calm. This was Pearl's first season of Hermitcraft... unlucky. He wouldn't blame her if she left when they got out of here... if they got out of here.

(Scar's POV)

Scar's thoughts returned to him. His mind was infiltrated with previous happenings. Before he even breathed, he assessed the situation.

Moving his hands slightly, he realized they were tied behind his back with rope. He took a deep breath, the air was clear and fresh. Opening his eyes, he saw the interior of an acacia village house. Scanning the area, he saw a few peculiar things. Obsidian outside the windows was one. The barricaded door was another.