thirteen

Ok so like don't get mad at me but if you watched the show you know what comes next so I sadly have to inform you that Aegon and Aeryns relationship is now ruined. Now you're probably thinking, why would Aegon steal his father crown? Well read and find out. ;)

-

Aegon was found by his brother who was sent out to find him with Ser Cristons help. Aegon ran away because he knew they would make him king, he didn't want to be king, and he did not want to steal his fathers crown.

But like always mother dearest never gave him a choice so now they were in a carriage on the way to the dragon pit. "You know I don't want this right?" Aegon told him mother. Alicent looked at her son. Alicent knew that if Aeryn ascended the iron throne, people would object. And when it was time for Aeryn to step down Rhaenyra would ascend and that she would kill her children. "This is for our family, Aegon, can't you see this?" Aegon scoffed but stated silent.

Alicent knew now was a better time then ever to enact her plan. "You father doesn't love you, you know." Aegon turned to look at his mother. "Yes he does." Alicent shook her head. "No Aegon, he doesn't. Why do you think he never named you his heir." Alicent could see her words were slowly starting to impact Aegon. "He- he knew I didn't want to be king." Alicent reaches over a rubs her thumb against Aegons cheek. "I heard him say it, my sweet boy. He named Rhaenyra heir so that after her, his son who he loved more than you, can ascend the throne, he told Viserys himself." Alicent watched as his tears ridden face slowly shifted from sadness to rage.

Alicent knew her plan has succeeded. Not only did she ruin Aegons relationship with his father, now Aegon wanted to take the throne in spite of his father.

-

I know I know this is a short chapter, but I wanted to just include this so you guys can know what Alicent was planning all this time. (Otto helped her obviously.)