Chapter 4

It's been three years since I performed in Romeo and Juliet. Seungkwan and I have become friends since then. Everyone at our school is aware of how close we are. It's like two distinct sorts of flavors that don't appear to go together at first, but after a while, it doesn't seem that horrible.

I also joined the theater club, and because of my power, I was elected president, with Seungkwan as vice president.

I closed the locker door after finishing arranging my belongings inside it and was astonished by Seungkwan's unexpected presence.

"Wazzup?"

"Gosh, it's early in the morning; how can you have so much energy?" I inquired.

"As usual, you're not a morning person."

"Just leave me alone," I replied as I carried my sling bag.

Seungkwan and I were fortunate to be placed in the same classroom this year and semester. It's nothing out of the ordinary; we were classmates last year and the year before.

Seungkwan and I would not have been this close if it hadn't been for those arrangements. I would have been the one to continue ignoring him, but that wasn't even required to begin with.

We took the stairs to the fourth floor, where our classroom is. We were already in our senior year, and all of the senior students were placed in the building's second-to-highest level.

"Have you packed for the school camp?" said Seungkwan.

There is an event coming up in the next two days that just a few students were able to attend.

Students from 10 different schools will attend this enjoyable camp at Star Village. Hybe University, a college known for its bright students, owns this community.

The purpose of this camp was to determine which school had the most brilliant pupils after Hybe. That is why only a few pupils were chosen: they are the most "talented" of all.

And then, in the blink of an eye, the departure date arrived. Thank heavens I was able to wake up just in time before the bus left, thanks to that youngster, Seungkwan.

I had to deal with his frequent reminders of the camp via messages and his never-ending discussion about the camp at school, he was like an alarm clock set to go off every minute, and he was an exact replica of my brother, who irritated me every day at school. I'm constantly wondering how I got myself into this mess.

When I pondered every potential thing Seungkwan might do, I was not looking forward to the bus journey. He will most likely be unable to sit still, but as soon as the bus left, Seungkwan proved me wrong.

Who knew a movie, some crackers, and a cozy blanket could keep this child occupied? I was skeptical, but it worked, and I am grateful. I decided to take a nap throughout the trip. And it was a really comfortable slumber. Seungkwan was so engaged in his movie that he didn't bother me. Instead of waking up to a tragedy, I awoke with a blanket wrapped around my body. Seungkwan's blanket had been wrapped over both of us, and the youngster was fast asleep beside me.

It was like watching a newborn baby slumber when I saw him fall asleep. His skin was flawless, and his eyelashes were lengthy up close. It was considerably longer than mine. His lips appeared full and coated with cherry juice, rosy and soft.

When I saw him in this vulnerable position, I thought he was adorable. Someone I want to protect. With these emotions racing through my mind, I lifted my hand and softly touched the boy's smooth, soft cheeks.

The abrupt feeling of his cheeks being caressed led him to gently open his eyes. Seeing him catch what I was doing, I panicked as I took my fingers away. But before I can continue removing it, he softly snatches it from behind the cover and drags it inside.